The Best Safe-For-Work Combinations of English Words

Started by deanwebb, June 07, 2016, 12:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

NOTE: Please keep the combinations safe for work. Thank you.  C:-)

And now, my two favorite words of the day so far:

"Meeting cancelled"

:joy:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

SofaKing

Quote from: deanwebb on June 07, 2016, 12:22:12 PM
"Meeting cancelled"

Since there is no way to beat the above combination...  Read this out loud three times.
"I am sofa king we Todd did!"

Caution: Words are safe but might not sound Safe-For-Work ;)
Networking -  You can talk about us but you can't talk without us!

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

Otanx

Just one word drifting in over the cube wall...  "oops"

-Otanx

Dieselboy

www.thomasexchange.co.uk
(Foreign Currency and Travel Money Exchange, International Payments and Wire Transfers.)

Thoma Sex Change

deanwebb

I used to support Microsoft Exchange and every now and then, I'd see someone complain after a content filter got turned on somewhere and blocked all the MSExchange email list traffic. I lol'd.

Another great combo after working an issue around the clock, spoken by a very grateful manager:

"Take tomorrow off."

icecream-guy

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

NetworkGroover

"watch this"

"it'll be quick and easy"

"should be fine"

"not my responsibility"
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

deanwebb

Quote from: AspiringNetworker on June 08, 2016, 01:06:36 PM
"watch this"

"should be fine"

"not my responsibility"

No no no no no no no

The BEST combinations, not the ones we dread to hear!

Stuff like, "Sure, there's budget for the new gear!" == GOOD

:tmyk:

Otanx

"Nah, we don't need a maintenance window. It's a minor change. Nobody will notice."

From over the cube 5 minutes later, "Hey, is anyone else having problems getting to the internet?"
30 seconds after that ringing phones with the NOC number on caller ID.

-Otanx

Nerm

deanwebb

icecream-guy

I don't know why I got the idea that it had to be combinations of two words, maybe it was that first post with your favorite two words for that day.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

NetworkGroover

Quote from: deanwebb on June 08, 2016, 01:42:13 PM
Quote from: AspiringNetworker on June 08, 2016, 01:06:36 PM
"watch this"

"should be fine"

"not my responsibility"

No no no no no no no

The BEST combinations, not the ones we dread to hear!

Stuff like, "Sure, there's budget for the new gear!" == GOOD

:tmyk:

My bad ;P
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always