cisco 8945, busted screen. Is it possible to get spares?

Started by Dieselboy, July 21, 2016, 03:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieselboy

I have a busted 8945, looks like a stone chip in a car windscreen. The screen lights up but the screen is cracked and looks like the liquid has leaked out.

I was hoping that I could get a replacement screen from China. I checked ebay but can only see whole handsets.

Anyone know of any source for spare parts? The unit is EoL and out of warranty last week, but the breakage happened a few weeks prior to that - but not sure if smartnet warranty would cover accidental physical damage.

icecream-guy

you could punt it up the hill and probably get a replacement still, depends on your cisco connections.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Agree, check with your reseller that provided the phone.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Dieselboy

I messaged my account manager "could I deal with it thru tac" and she said "probably not". I was going to log a case but the contract has expired.

Are you saying go to the reseller? They are as helpful as a chocolate teapot at the best of times, so I'm not exactly enthralled with confidence and high expectations. :rofl:

deanwebb

How about going through your Cisco account manager?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

Dieselboy

deanwebb

:doh: That you did. Well, there's always the Cisco account manager route.

I HAVE SHOT ALL MY BULLETS AND NOW I THROW MY PISTOL AT THE ENEMY IN A FUTILE GESTURE OF DEFIANCE

icecream-guy

Quote from: Dieselboy on July 21, 2016, 08:41:32 PM
....and she said "probably not"......

Give it a shot, doesn't appear that you have any other option, other than disassembly.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.