Advice for CCNA

Started by Iampinto, August 21, 2016, 07:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoDDy

Quote from: AspiringNetworker on September 02, 2016, 02:31:15 PM
Quote from: RoDDy on September 01, 2016, 04:36:48 PM
Quote from: Rllavona13 on August 26, 2016, 10:05:41 PM
i am a Cisco Guy but the way Juniper works with the control plane/forwarding plane is really cool and the commit feature is really a life/jov saver if you  dont know what the hell are you doing  lol

Quote from: deanwebb on August 26, 2016, 09:40:31 PM
+1 on getting Juniper exposure. They have LOTS of free training material, and it is very high quality. It will help you learn more about networking from a non-Cisco perspective and you learn what works best when you have a multi-vendor environment.

Cisco has commit as well.... #XR

It doesn't work the same way.  Arista has it as well but doesn't work the same way either.  I don't believe either do a check before attempting to commit config... like on Juniper you can do a "commit check" to verify integrity.

Just realized what you said here after i saw the joke below lol. Cisco IOS XR does a check as well (unless you mean the Juniper check is different in some way).

SimonV

Quote from: LynK on September 07, 2016, 01:06:25 PM
shutdown interface all

check commit

*Valid command*

Commit

:problem?: :problem?:

commit confirm 1

:haha1:

jacobcarl

Hello guys, i am jacob carl. i have did CCNA course and working in Data dimension. is it necessary to complete CISCO certificate ? Please help me 

icecream-guy

Quote from: jacobcarl on October 14, 2016, 12:43:20 AM
Hello guys, i am jacob carl. i have did CCNA course and working in Data dimension. is it necessary to complete CISCO certificate ? Please help me

If you spent the time to take the course, it would be of value to get the certificate.
if you want a job in IT, CCNA certification will help open the doors to the interviews.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Quote from: ristau5741 on October 14, 2016, 05:59:45 AM
Quote from: jacobcarl on October 14, 2016, 12:43:20 AM

If you spent the time to take the course, it would be of value to get the certificate.
if you want a job in IT, CCNA certification will help open the doors to the interviews.

Absolutely, yes. If you want to get your career moving forward, it's an excellent thing to have.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.