Sometimes, an email from a boss makes me go
:zomgwtfbbq: or  :wha?: or even  :whatudo:

:notthefirewall: or  :itcrowd: or even  :no:

:jackie-chan: or  :yuno: or even  :rage:

But today, I got an email that made me go
:greatoffer:

Those are very nice emails, even if they only show up once or twice per year, according to company policy.  :joy:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Nerm

Emails from my last boss made me go:

:phone: or :ckfacepalm:

Emails from my current boss make me go:

:coolstory: or :whatudo:

deanwebb

I lol'd, which would have been awkward if I wasn't muted on my meeting.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

icecream-guy

we got one, from the head PM, (basically our work week is Monday to Sunday)

The email in short said something to the effect not to exceed 40 hours, but if we are working on a emergency problem over the weekend, our directive is to fix the problem. (but not go over 40, so we need to use out spidey sense and predict how much emergency work we will be doing over the weekend or end up short hours for the week)

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Could you carry hours over from one week to the next? Or is comp time not allowed?

SofaKing

Networking -  You can talk about us but you can't talk without us!

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on August 30, 2016, 03:08:11 PM
Could you carry hours over from one week to the next? Or is comp time not allowed?

no carry over. and we have to adjust schedules to not exceed 40 hours.  so I worked an extra hour yesterday, I go home an extra hour early today, or, maybe come in an hour late tomorrow. or whenever I can fit it in this week. 
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Quote from: ristau5741 on August 31, 2016, 06:48:14 AM
Quote from: deanwebb on August 30, 2016, 03:08:11 PM

no carry over. and we have to adjust schedules to not exceed 40 hours.  so I worked an extra hour yesterday, I go home an extra hour early today, or, maybe come in an hour late tomorrow. or whenever I can fit it in this week. 

Idea: Do nothing until 40 hours before midnight Sunday, then work like hell during that time. If you have to do anything Monday-Friday, just start later on Saturday, as appropriate.

Rllavona13

First day at work i received this email:

"Good Morning Raymond, one of our customer support reported sick last night, can you answer the phone and open the ticket if necessary? Thank you"

First day as Jr Network Engineer*

Lmao but i like because i started to understand how the company works. I cant wait to see the future emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deanwebb

Quote from: Rllavona13 on August 31, 2016, 08:41:12 PM
First day at work i received this email:

"Good Morning Raymond, one of our customer support reported sick last night, can you answer the phone and open the ticket if necessary? Thank you"

First day as Jr Network Engineer*

Lmao but i like because i started to understand how the company works. I cant wait to see the future emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an email from a boss that makes me go...

:developers:

Dieselboy

Quote from: deanwebb on August 31, 2016, 09:52:07 AM
Idea: Do nothing until 40 hours before midnight Sunday, then work like hell during that time. If you have to do anything Monday-Friday, just start later on Saturday, as appropriate.

That's how I got through Physics class when I was 13. The teacher used to put up slides on the projector whilst he did paperwork or mark books from other lessons. The slides were just pages and pages of text that he'd written for other lessons and we just had to copy them off the board. I think we done an experiment sometimes once a year. I remember the first day in the new school year and we found out we had him again for that year. Everyone was just like  :wall:

So anyway, copying text from the projector into my empty school book was so much fun! Not. I used to do nothing much for the majority of the lesson, and then frantically copy down someone elses book into mine before the lesson finished. Sometimes I'd do homework for another lesson (sometimes that I'd just received moments before so that I could have a free evening, and sometimes because I'd forgot to do it and it was due in the next lesson).