Cisco Verified Training Partner

Started by LynK, September 02, 2016, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynK

Guys,

I am looking to use some cisco training credits to get my CCNP course, to finally finish that up. But I want to go through a vendor that you have had success with. Preferably digital, and here is the cisco URL.

http://learninglocator.cloudapps.cisco.com/GlobalLearningLocator/LLocatorHome.do
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

mmcgurty

Global Knowledge and FireFly are two we have used before with Cisco Learning Credits.

LynK

We have used global knowledge, but their UI is terrible (and java based). How is firefly?
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

mmcgurty

It been at least 3 years since I've used Firefly virtually.  I've used Global Knowledge in the last year or so.  I remember Firefly being kind of clunky.  I also think you had to dial in whereas Global Knowledge offered an audio stream.  This was big for me because I had to either use my home phone (no headset), my cell phone (battery time/plan time), or login to our VPN and use Jabber which also made me available for IM'ing.  Honestly, it probably isn't a fair assessment of Firefly since the online/streaming tech wasn't as full-featured three years ago.  I do recall having issues with the labs only being available for a specific time each day.  I think they reset for other time-zones each day.

I don't recall Global Knowledge using any Java when I used them but it has been about a year since I last took a class.  I think it was more like a WebEx and then we have a remote desktop we attached to with specific usernames/passwords for each "pod".  Global Knowledge also made portions of the labs for one of my classes available for about 30 days after the class.  I believe this was for the CCNP Routing class (prior just to 3.0 change).  I felt this was a value add that I hadn't had available before.

Here are a few we saw at Cisco Live 2016 that might be of interest as well.  I haven't used either of them, but they just had booths at Cisco Live 2016 so I can't vouch for them.

Current Technologies CLC
www.ctclc.com

Nterone
www.nterone.com