Certification Goals for 2017... What Are Yours?

Started by icecream-guy, September 30, 2016, 12:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

well since 2016 is waning, I'll start the new thread.

probably going to go for that CISSP next.
maybe look into the AWS Solutions Architect
or maybe one of those Python Certs,

my eye are big again.... looking for that next fix...
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Oh lawdy, CISSP beckons me as well.

There's some good stuff in it, and it's helping me to tell management about stuff.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Dieselboy

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

Dieselboy

:awesome:
I'm working today so needed some light entertainment.

Certification goals of mine are still to pass the CCNA Collaboration so I can get back onto the CCNP voice/Collab. Just need to revise for the exam, still.

Must get CCNP collab by end of 2017.
Also want to get the SMB certs again, Riverbed, Nimble, and get to a level with AWS where I can be useful when our other AWS guys are not available. :)

deanwebb

Well, get started on that collab goal, 2017 is going to fly by like 2016 did.

wintermute000

Don't do it, it's a trap!

seriously though guys, there's 3 months left in 2016.... don't run up the white flag just yet!

ChestHair

Quote from: deanwebb on October 01, 2016, 07:40:08 AM

What, is this you?

The young ones!!! Haven't seen those guys since I was just a kid staying up late with my older brother. We used to do the voices and the rear facing peace sign to each other.

deanwebb

Quote from: ChestHair on October 01, 2016, 11:04:40 PM
Quote from: deanwebb on October 01, 2016, 07:40:08 AM

What, is this you?

The young ones!!! Haven't seen those guys since I was just a kid staying up late with my older brother. We used to do the voices and the rear facing peace sign to each other.

Hands up, who likes me?

Ullmer

Hello everyone!  I am new to the forums and have just purchased a CCNA R&S book from Todd Lammle.  I am starting my journey into Network Engineering today!  I am very excited to begin this as I have been in IT for some time now, but wish to focus on networking now.

Thank you!

deanwebb

Quote from: Ullmer on November 09, 2016, 04:21:27 PM
Hello everyone!  I am new to the forums and have just purchased a CCNA R&S book from Todd Lammle.  I am starting my journey into Network Engineering today!  I am very excited to begin this as I have been in IT for some time now, but wish to focus on networking now.

Thank you!

Hello and welcome aboard, Ullmer! Good to see you!

SimonV

PackersPride

I am looking to begin my journey with the CCNA Routing and Switching certification.  I look forward to learning all I can about becoming a Network Engineer.

deanwebb

Quote from: PackersPride on November 10, 2016, 08:38:28 AM
I am looking to begin my journey with the CCNA Routing and Switching certification.  I look forward to learning all I can about becoming a Network Engineer.

Step one: Get Wendell Odom's official cert guide. He does a great job of writing.
Step two: Get some labbing gear. Buying stuff piece by piece is better than so-called certification kits. You can also go virtual with Cisco Packet Tracer and/or GNS3.
Step three: Ask questions here. Think up weird scenarios and ask us, we love to answer and discuss stuff like that. You learn a lot that way.

PackersPride

Quote from: deanwebb on November 10, 2016, 11:08:57 AM
Quote from: PackersPride on November 10, 2016, 08:38:28 AM

Step one: Get Wendell Odom's official cert guide. He does a great job of writing.
Step two: Get some labbing gear. Buying stuff piece by piece is better than so-called certification kits. You can also go virtual with Cisco Packet Tracer and/or GNS3.
Step three: Ask questions here. Think up weird scenarios and ask us, we love to answer and discuss stuff like that. You learn a lot that way.

Thank you for the tips!  I recently purchased the Todd Lammle CCNA book.  Is this a good one as well? 

As far as lab equipment, yeah, I am looking at picking some items up very soon.

Thank you for the kind offering! I do plan on asking as many questions here as I can so I can get comfortable with routers and switches.

Thank you!