Certification Goals for 2017... What Are Yours?

Started by icecream-guy, September 30, 2016, 12:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shad21

Hi, I'm new to the forums...I have  been working in the IT field for about 1 year and 6 months now and sad to say I'm just starting on the path of studying for certs. Originally I had plan to take A+ and Net + but as time went by I started working with alot of cisco products and running basic commands on the regular... so I now am studying for my ICND1 then taking my ICND2 in 2 months time...should have my CCNA by August. After getting my CCNA I want to take a microsoft exam becuase I also work with servers on a daily basis. Glad I found this forum!!!

deanwebb

Quote from: shad21 on May 28, 2017, 11:04:20 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forums...I have  been working in the IT field for about 1 year and 6 months now and sad to say I'm just starting on the path of studying for certs. Originally I had plan to take A+ and Net + but as time went by I started working with alot of cisco products and running basic commands on the regular... so I now am studying for my ICND1 then taking my ICND2 in 2 months time...should have my CCNA by August. After getting my CCNA I want to take a microsoft exam becuase I also work with servers on a daily basis. Glad I found this forum!!!

Hello Shad, and welcome! In our Guides and Labs section, we have some additional study questions for ICND1 that you should go through before hitting that exam. Read the Cisco official cert guide, but also go through the extra questions, as they help guide your independent study that you'll need to take on all the questions on that exam.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

that1guy15

Quote from: deanwebb on May 28, 2017, 11:07:00 AM
Quote from: shad21 on May 28, 2017, 11:04:20 AM

Hello Shad, and welcome! In our Guides and Labs section, we have some additional study questions for ICND1 that you should go through before hitting that exam. Read the Cisco official cert guide, but also go through the extra questions, as they help guide your independent study that you'll need to take on all the questions on that exam.

Dont under estimate the CCNA tests. They are a bitch!

As Dean mentioned, those materials are a great resource. Get you good lab or simulator for hands on as well.

Good luck dude and keep pushing!
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

DuneTroop

A little late to the thread and almost half the year done, I'm looking towards getting my JNCIS-ENT, CCNA Security and if I'm lucky start diving into CCNP R&S studies.

It's easier said than done...

deanwebb

That is the truth, for sure... but we are here to help, that's for sure!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

isaiahgoveait

My certification goals for the rest of 2017 are CCNA R&S and CompTIA Linux+. Now to my knowledge, there is no certification for Python, but I am also diving into Python programming.

deanwebb