Failed my CCNP Route by 1 question 780/790

Started by LynK, January 30, 2017, 11:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynK

Not to mention the errors in the exam, like taking asking a generic question about a Type 4 LSA when there is no Type 4 LSA and they mean Type 3 LSA because there is no ASBR.

:wall:
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

deanwebb

Quote from: LynK on January 31, 2017, 12:05:51 PM
Not to mention the errors in the exam, like taking asking a generic question about a Type 4 LSA when there is no Type 4 LSA and they mean Type 3 LSA because there is no ASBR.

Wait, what? LSA goes all the way to 11. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-state_advertisement

Or did you mean no Type 4 in the problem?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

LynK

Quote from: deanwebb on January 31, 2017, 12:40:56 PM
Quote from: LynK on January 31, 2017, 12:05:51 PM

Wait, what? LSA goes all the way to 11. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-state_advertisement

Or did you mean no Type 4 in the problem?

No... there was no Type 4 LSA, they meant a Type 3 Summary LSA. This was an ABR, and there was no ASBR for the ABR to generate the message to the other areas.

wintermute000

To be fair ipsec and dmvpn are every where.
Wait till you see all the pppoe tasks in the ccie lab ;)

deanwebb

Well, now you have me reading about LSAs... AND I AM A SECURITY GUY! AAAAUGGGGHHH!!!

Hey, wait, you have a new avatar!

:haha3:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

ggnfs000

Came across at least one question in the past where it virtually says none of the choices are right for this question, but best answer is x.

LynK

deanwebb

Quote from: ggnfs000 on January 31, 2017, 02:48:11 PM
Came across at least one question in the past where it virtually says none of the choices are right for this question, but best answer is x.

I hate those kinds of questions...

ggnfs000

Quote from: deanwebb on January 31, 2017, 02:59:53 PM
Quote from: ggnfs000 on January 31, 2017, 02:48:11 PM

I hate those kinds of questions...

worst part is i did not even get that damned best answer so failed that question. Well there is no right answer so picking any answer would result in fail, that looked reasonable :o

ggnfs000

Here are foolproof study tactic:
Study all of tests: R&S, Security, Cloud, Wireless, SP, Industrial, Collaboration
Take CCNA R&S
Study again all of tests: R&S, Security, Cloud, Wireless, SP, Industrial, Collaboration
Take CCNA Wireless.
Study one more time again all of tests: R&S, Security, Cloud, Wireless, SP, Industrial, Collaboration
Take CCNA Security.
and so on.

Dieselboy

Do not worry OP. I too failed the routing exam. Try again until you succeed. The only set back is your wallet :(

deanwebb

Lynk: Check this out. https://www.networking-forums.com/certifications-and-careers/ccnp-route-300-101-exam-pppoe-topic-cram-kit/new/#new

If it's good, I'll make more topics like that. First to help you, then other topics like that for others.

To the rest of the forums: if you want to start off a topic with a Wiki article and 2-3 Cisco papers to support it, I'll read them over and come up with questions to go with them.

LynK

@dean looking into it now.

@diesel,

it isnt hurting my wallet because I have 3 exam vouchers. I am using two on route now, so I will have to purchase troubleshoot. Oh well.

More important than my CCNP, I want to retain my CCNA. I do not want to start over.. that would suck.

@dean

I am also going to make articles as to help me study, and I will post them up on here so they can be shared for future CCNPers

deanwebb

Cool. Since we have SEO turned on, make sure the title of the thread includes the test name and number so that folks can find it. 8)

NetworkGroover

Quote from: deanwebb on January 31, 2017, 09:38:42 AM
Quote from: LynK on January 31, 2017, 09:28:39 AM
Rescheduled for the 10th.

How should I go about re-studying?

I think I should re-read the entire OCG, then also do each topic one by one.

PPPoE, IpSec, DMVPN... skip the cert guide, start reading RFCs, Cisco tech notes, and Wiki articles. I'll see if I can come up with some questions to ask to help drill on those areas. This is bullfeathers, having to add to the OCG just to get a pass.

Careful with RFCs... vendors don't always follow them and some items aren't clearly defined so they are left up to the vendor's discretion on how they want to implement.  In general yes you want to know what RFCs state and use them as a resource, not sure how helpful they are for studying for a Cisco exam though.

Either way - it's beneficial in the big picture if you can learn both how a) the RFC defines a feature, while ALSO knowing b) if Cisco follows it and if they don't, how they achieve the objective.  Just because Vendor A sees things a certain way, doesn't mean the rest of the world does, but you're not taking a test about the rest of the world - if that makes any sense. 

Granted, what I'm referring to is only a small portion of things - for the majority networking is networking and -most- folks agree on how to do that.

P.S.  Sorry for your luck Lynk... that blows.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always