PASSED!!!! CCNP ROUTE 300-101

Started by LynK, February 10, 2017, 08:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynK

I was 100% more confident this go around.

I got a 934.

Heck yeah!
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

SimonV

EOS

AWESOME!!!    Bet that felt good.    :pub:

LynK

@EOS,

Yes it did. I was done with the exam with over an hour left. I was like.... i either did really well... or really bad. haha.

that1guy15

nice, congrats dude!!

Now on to the next one!
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

SofaKing

Networking -  You can talk about us but you can't talk without us!

LynK

honestly. Writing down the threads in here really caused me to look more into the topics than I would have. I am definitely going to do this with switch. I am going to take a 1-week break, and then go right into switch. MY wife feels neglected... lol. Happy wife happy life.

deanwebb

Quote from: LynK on February 10, 2017, 03:35:29 PM
honestly. Writing down the threads in here really caused me to look more into the topics than I would have. I am definitely going to do this with switch. I am going to take a 1-week break, and then go right into switch. MY wife feels neglected... lol. Happy wife happy life.
Good timing on the break, it's Valentine's day on the 14th. :wub:

And you're absolutely right: writing out all the threads really forced you to do the deep dive into those topics so that you knew them inside and out. Writing up all the stuff I did for CCNA OSPF got me to learn a lot more than I even studied for the exam... and that's what makes us real professionals. We don't just pass tests. We *know* this stuff!

For the pass, a well deserved animated gif:

:applause:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

ggnfs000

i envy u. trying to pass my ccent.  ;D

deanwebb

Quote from: ggnfs000 on February 10, 2017, 08:31:50 PM
i envy u. trying to pass my ccent.  ;D

Be sure to check out the OSPF questions I posted for that. I'll have more in a few days, once I shake this cold I've got.
Basically, the OCG is a great start, a great foundation, but each topic needs to be treated like an independent study project where there's more reading from other sources and questions to go with that additional reading.

The good news is that the additional study will mean that you'll have more knowledge for the job and be very confident when dealing with actual issues on the job.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

ggnfs000

LynK

Everyone starts somewhere ggnfs000. It was roughly 4-5 years ago when I took my CCENT.