Good learning on TUN TAP MACVLAN MACVTAP VEPA

Started by ggnfs000, February 13, 2017, 04:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggnfs000

Looked up on the internet, there are lot of articles, most of them are brief so it is harder to understand. Any good literature that gives full-blown description on these topics down to the gritty detail?
http://suhu.dlinkddns.com/Presentation/20150203/#setting
http://askubuntu.com/questions/383082/whats-the-difference-between-tun-tap-vs-bridgevnet-vs-macvtap-for-virtualiza

deanwebb

I suppose in order to answer your question, I'll need you to explain your acronyms. 8)
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

ggnfs000

Quote from: deanwebb on February 14, 2017, 09:09:51 AM
I suppose in order to answer your question, I'll need you to explain your acronyms. 8)

mostly linux kvm stuff, virtual networks managed by linux kvm hypervisor. i posted similar question on linux forums but it is full of headless chickens who has no idea what they are talking, making suggesions on guesswork, "try this" "try that", aint gonna spend time on that.
Found some good link and going through.

ggnfs000

Does linux networking topics belong or can fit somewhere in this group? If I post questions on linux forum's networking sub-section, there does not seem to be many knowledgeable people. I have few good topics and Q&A to discuss.

deanwebb

Absolutely. I'd put it under "Everything Else in the Data Center". That's where we can also talk about Windows, Active Directory, Oracle, VMware, stuff like that.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.