Cisco Certifications Digital Badging

Started by icecream-guy, February 15, 2017, 02:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

A few days ago I got this email from Cisco

We have teamed up  with Acclaim, a badging platform from Pearson VUE, to provide you with:
a web enabled version of your certification logo that can be securely shared online
labor market insights that connect your skills to real-time job data
a trusted method for certification verification, with full context of your abilities
You will receive an email invitation from Acclaim in the coming weeks. Follow the instructions to create an Acclaim account, then claim and explore all that your new digital badge has to offer.
Learning@Cisco is committed to providing certified IT professionals with the tools necessary to achieve their professional goals.
We hope you enjoy the convenience and professional recognition afforded by these new digital badges.
Regards,
Cisco

today I got a bunch emails from youracclaim.com digital regarding my digital badges

anyone else get this ?
did you  follow up ?
is it anything useful?
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

srg

Got the email from Learning@Cisco, nothing from Acclaim though.
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

wintermute000

they must have sent someone around to all the vendors with hookers and blow, Juniper and VMWare are both already onboard.

Personally I think its stupid....

Otanx

Yep, yesterday from youraccliam.com. I just want to know if it will integrate with my PS4 and XBox achievements.

-Otanx

deanwebb

Quote from: Otanx on February 16, 2017, 09:06:10 AM
Yep, yesterday from youraccliam.com. I just want to know if it will integrate with my PS4 and XBox achievements.

-Otanx

Will it also incorporate Steam badges?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

SimonV

Quote from: deanwebb on February 16, 2017, 09:32:55 AM
Quote from: Otanx on February 16, 2017, 09:06:10 AM

-Otanx

Will it also incorporate Steam badges?

Reminds me of this: http://evilrouters.net/achievement-unlocked/   :mrgreen:

deanwebb

srg

Hm got a bunch today.. no CCIE badges though.

wintermute000

I got mine ages ago... But only just got my Ps???.
There's definitely fuckery and confusion involved. You're SP right so that could be a factor. E.g. VMware issued my VCP-NV because it's on the version six track, but they won't issue me my VCIX-NV or VCP5-DCV as they're aligned to version 5 and there are apparently no version 5 badges ( even though I took the freaking exam last September and at the time there as no version 6 equivalent to the VCIX-NV)

srg

When logged in I actually have a CCIE:SP badge, never got a mail about that. But it has the wrong expiry date, and my CCIE:RS badge are missing.

deanwebb

That's some serious business, there, with the missing badges, especially if this is supposed to be some sort of centralized checking system.

wintermute000

No it's you show your flair I mean acclaim... Like we work at TGI Friday or something