Fun playing with.......

Started by icecream-guy, March 03, 2017, 12:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

In the middle of an audit a Major Global Megacorp and Sons... learning all kinds of new stuff about documentation and processes!

I found out that labbing up a new doc is known as writing a "rough draft". So cool!  :barf:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Otanx

Writing scripts to automate/integrate a bunch of our applications. Build a switch. Run a script and supply the management IP. It uses RANCID (I don't have netmiko) to push our current SNMP users/configuration, then uses SNMP to get list of all IPs on the switch, and generates DNS forward and reverse entries for everything. It adds the host to the proper RANCID group. Then it creates the nagios cfg file with all the checks we want, copies it to the nagios server, and restarts Nagios. Finally it adds the device to Cacti.

I have a lot of the talking to the devices stuff done, and need to work on the cross server stuff. Get ssh keys setup, correct permissions to restart services, etc. We have a large deployment coming up, and I don't want to do this all by hand.

-Otanx

DuneTroop

I've been working on building LACP connections between Juniper 4200s and Brocade 7450s at work. Getting them to play well together for testing VoIP/Data services has been very interesting.  8)

wintermute000

Otanx, take a look at NAPLAM. Both python and ansible variants. Its looking very good

that1guy15

Just as a learning exercise Im building a configuration management tool. Main goals will be:
1) build and push full config of Leaf/spine fabric
2) build, validate and push changes
2) build repository for all configs
3) diff tool to show changes
and maybe other stuff as I move along.

Still in research mode figuring it all out but Im thinking NAPALM and Ansible will be at the core doing the bulk of the work. Using a flask front end for WebUI.

Interested in my progress it will be up on my github https://github.com/that1guy15/netmgmt

That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

Otanx

I am familiar with NAPALM, and would love to use it. However, the process here to get the libraries approved is a pain, and I just would rather re-design the wheel.

-Otanx

icecream-guy

Now I have a couple of 5555-X with FirePower to evaluate, got to make a test plan, configure the beasts, and see what they can do.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.