Your certification goals for 2015?

Started by SimonV, January 04, 2015, 01:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

that1guy15

Quote from: wintermute000 on October 04, 2015, 08:52:40 PM
Lab booked mid november.... now to push through the final cram phase. Its a struggle, I must admit.

WOOT!! Go kill it dude!!
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

SimonV

Sat and passed the JNCIS-SEC this afternoon, very fair exam with only one or two questions that were not in the free study guides. Hats off to Juniper for being so generous in their certification tracks, too bad my voucher expired and I had to pay full price :whistle:  :mrgreen:

CCSA is off the list as I've grown a real dislike for Check Point. My CCNP is up for renewal next year so I'm heading back to R&s and will try to cram the JNCIS-ENT in while I still have the JunOS in my fingers :)

wintermute000

They really make it easy don't they, with free quality material, test app and easy to spin up no restrictions firefly vm.
I'm dealing with a lot of security atm and I wish I did tbe security not sp track, oh well

SimonV

Yeah, you named pretty much all the things that helped for studying, I've been doing Genius tests for the last few weeks. Very satisfied with the vSRX as well, did most of my labs in virtual but some features only worked on the hardware boxes. Hope my SRX100s can do some of the switching features from the ENT track, the switches are a bit expensive for labbing

wintermute000

I wonder though if the syllabus will be refreshed soon. The new SRXs will be arriving quite soon (NDA otherwise I'd post up the presos/specs.... lets just say they claim to beat Cisco by several magnitudes of packets per $). And the NGFW stuff is constantly evolving, poor SRXs need a shot in the arm for sure.

SimonV

SimonV

Just found out about the free BCVRE cert, will spend a few days doing Vyatta :)

wintermute000

when I last messed around briefly with a vyatta (community edition - not sure how different the Brocade branded one is) it was VERY JUN-OS like so you should fly through that, pls review

icecream-guy

getting an eye exam this week, hopefully to get a new pair of reading glasses, I need 'em. that's a start...
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

wintermute000

Mission accomplished. #51037 :)

Time to actually study/lab stuff I want to lab (with no guilt factor! Hey I might even watch some whaddaya call it, television? LOL).

SimonV

Congratulations dude, glad to hear you nailed it!! :woohoo:

EOS

icecream-guy

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

that1guy15

Quote from: wintermute000 on November 17, 2015, 03:21:34 AM

Time to actually study/lab stuff I want to lab (with no guilt factor! Hey I might even watch some whaddaya call it, television? LOL).

WOOT huge congrats dude!!
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

deanwebb

Quote from: wintermute000 on November 17, 2015, 03:21:34 AM

:applause:

You could even look into messing with Arista stuff now. :D
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.