Your certification goals for 2015?

Started by SimonV, January 04, 2015, 01:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killabee

Mainly CCDP

Nice to haves:
JNCIS-SEC and CCSA/CCSE - However, we'll be ditching these firewalls in the coming year, so I'm not sure if the educational ROI is there for me
F5-CA and F5-CTS - It's low hanging fruit for me now
CCNA DC - Finish the second test

Reggle

Netwörkheäd

Let's not argue. Let's network!

srg

som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

Langly

Just finished up some storage certs recently. Next Cert = VCP and then moving onto CCNA DC (should be fast and renew my ccna r+s) then start my CCNP R+S and long term goal do my CCNP Datacenter afterwards then decide if I'll start on my CCIE at that point.

Been doing mostly storage side items the past 2 years which has taken its toll on my networking studying. The nice thing is I have a solid grasp on Fibre channel and FCOE now which I had no clue about previously.

AdamTilbrook

I'm planning on completing my CCNP R&S this year. I've done SWITCH, just need to do ROUTE and TSHOOT. I did SWITCH in June last year and took a little break then planned on going back to ROUTE half way through November last year however found out they changed the curriculum for the CCNP R&S. I figured there was no point in doing the old exams so I'm going to do the new ones when Amazon hurry up and get the new set of Cisco Press to me.

As for anything else, not sure, depends where my job takes me I guess. I've only recently started a new role (see my sig) and am proud to say this is my first role in a professional networking environment!
Adam Tilbrook
Network Administrator | iiNet Ltd

that1guy15

CCIE hopefully in Q1. Nothing else unless I try my hand at something during CLUS this year.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

icecream-guy

I think it's JNCIA for me, even though I don't use JUNOS
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

NetworkGroover

Quote from: ristau5741 on January 07, 2015, 11:14:42 AM
I think it's JNCIA for me, even though I don't use JUNOS

Definitely seems like lots of jobs out there for Juniper - at least in my area.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

deanwebb

DFW needs security people. Just sayin'. If you want to get that security cert and head to North Texas, now is a great time to do it.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

that1guy15

I see network engineer positions all over the place in DFW. I got a number of connections there too.

I hate the humidity of Dallas though...
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

wintermute000

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

wintermute000

Jncia down. Switching to jncis-sp. Reading the enterprise switching stuff makes me want to gouge my eyes out, carrier Ethernet and mpls and isis wins every time