Your certification goals for 2015?

Started by SimonV, January 04, 2015, 01:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SofaKing

Networking -  You can talk about us but you can't talk without us!

deanwebb

Quote from: SofaKing on May 10, 2015, 10:26:46 AM
ROUTE down two to go!
Awesome! I have to say, I never lose my enthusiasm for when someone passes a test. Never.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

that1guy15

That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

EOS

ROUTE down two to go!

Congrats!!!!

You're making me want to start my studies again..

Mowery

ROUTE down two to go!

Congrats! ROUTE is on my radar. SWITCH is already passed for me.
QuoteYeah, right... and 96% of the Internet being dark and mysterious? How about 96% of the internet being Cisco web pages I can never find when I need them...

SofaKing

Thanks everyone!!  I took it a few months ago just before the old exam expired and failed.  I did not lab enough the first time.  This time I went heavy on the labbing and it paid off.  SWITCH is next.  Good luck to everyone else!!

srg

400-101 passed today, maybe doing the lab sometime this fall.
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

deanwebb

Quote from: srg on May 11, 2015, 01:12:02 PM

:awesome:

How did it compare to the CCIE-Data Center test you took?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

srg

Quote from: deanwebb on May 11, 2015, 03:12:04 PM

:awesome:

How did it compare to the CCIE-Data Center test you took?
Never tried CCIE DC :)
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

deanwebb

Then it must have been that other guy...

SofaKing

Awesome - Congrats!!!  :banana:

that1guy15

WOOT congrats!! Now the real work. Best of luck and feel free to hit me up if you have any prep/study questions.

I have been on a break for 3 weeks since my last attempt. Should be jumping back in next week or so.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15

wintermute000

that1guy, did you ever take the Cisco360 config labs? I'm running through them now and wondering how they line up to the real thing.
Its a productive way of procrastinating 400-101.
I know INE's foundation / full scale / TS labs are pretty close - whats your opinion?

that1guy15

Nah the first 20 360 labs are still the old v4 layout. They are great labs but not very helpful for final prep. I have only looks at the 5 new labs and they seem like they are on par with INE.

INE labs are great and really push you but they do not line up with the real lab as much as their v4 material did. Up to my first attempt I focused on INE and 360 labs. After that fail I built out my own labs as close to the test as I could remember and used that for speed drills and the config section. After my second attempt I did the same for the TS lab and will focus on that for number 3.

Check out my blog posts for more detail on what worked and didnt.
http://blog.movingonesandzeros.net/2015/04/the-ccie-journey-continues-strike-two.html
http://blog.movingonesandzeros.net/2015/02/ccie-r-lab-attempt-1.html
That1guy15
@that1guy_15

wintermute000

Finally knocked over 400-101. Going for the lab now. Aiming to do 2 config or TS labs a week, giving myself 3 months, then either book it or hold.

thinking of adding 'ccie written but expire' on my sig  :dance: