CUCME weird audio conference issue

Started by Dieselboy, March 31, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieselboy

My personal system is a 2901v.

I'm just trying to audio conference for the first time over SIP ITSP trunk. I'm trying to call two remote parties, so my phone system needs to place two outside calls and then conference them both including myself on the LAN. It works, but the audio quality for both remote persons is unusable. I've turned the gain up to max under telephony-service but this only helped a tiny bit. One of the remote persons was my mobile phone and what we hear is that the sound level seems to go from zero (cant hear anything) up to normal and then back to zero in waves. So basically the audio is coming in and out and you only hear some of the audio. - unusable.

Is this a hardware fault? I'm running the exact same IOS as my production 2921 in the office which runs conferences fine. I'm a bit confused as to what this could be  :squint:

So my 2901v is on the LAN and has a sip trunk to an ITSP.
I first call my mobile phone and answer -call quality is perfect
I press conference
then call another mobile phone
when they answer and speak i can hear on my mobile that the audio is weird.

It doesn't sound like packet loss. It sounds like all of the audio is there but the sound level is going up and down..

Any ideas  :o :squint:

Dieselboy

... Okay so it looks like "software" audio conferencing was being used. I didn't even know software audio conference was possible on a CUCME / 2900..

Well anyway, it's crap. Might have better luck with different IOS  :P :o ;D

I'm just glad i can conference call my family  :XD:

deanwebb

Audio going up and down in quality absolutely sounds like a software issue. Anything spotty about the sound in the call - hardware. Sine-wave up and down? Software algo gone wrong.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Dieselboy

Thanks, I didn't even know it was possible in software on a router. Even conf. in software on CUCM is extremely limited to the point where it's g711 only.

I thought my DSP was up the creek :'(   :XD:

But basically, to fix it I needed to tell CUCME that it can use a conference service on the network, but the IP address is itself. Fine now. Now it's just the odd packet loss between CUCME in Australia, and SIP trunk in Yorkshire, England  :XD:

deanwebb

Yeah, packet loss is due to line quality, transient conditions, cosmic particles... random = hardware.

Predictable = software.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on March 31, 2017, 09:53:21 AM
Yeah, packet loss is due to line quality, transient conditions, cosmic particles... random = hardware.

Predictable = software.

are your parity bit flipping?
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.