Making Poop Shine

Started by deanwebb, April 19, 2017, 08:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

Can you make poop shiny and pretty?

YES YOU CAN, QUIT ALL OF YOUR COMPLAINING!

Your bosses have seen this and expect the best from you all: http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/polishing-a-turd-minimyth/

:problem?:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

that1guy15

" I know the business process is broken and needs fixed BUT we should be able to solve this with technology. So get to it!"
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

deanwebb

"I know you say we need funding for full deployment in order to show results, but we're not ready to fund full deployment until we see some results!"
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

dlots

Quote from: deanwebb on April 19, 2017, 08:30:06 AM

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am pretty sure that's my job... And getting the poop requires going spelunking in the toilets, not buying some fancy exotic poop.

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on April 19, 2017, 09:48:21 AM
"I know you say we need funding for full deployment in order to show results, but we're not ready to fund full deployment until we see some results!"

you must first build a pilot program, show the results, those that be will push the pilot program into a production system.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

SofaKing

No matter how much you polish a turd it is still just a turd.  Maybe shiny and new but at its heart it is still just a turd.
Networking -  You can talk about us but you can't talk without us!

that1guy15

Quote from: dlots on April 19, 2017, 10:16:28 AM
Quote from: deanwebb on April 19, 2017, 08:30:06 AM

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am pretty sure that's my job... And getting the poop requires going spelunking in the toilets, not buying some fancy exotic poop.

Sir Im gonna need you to use all those fancy programming thingies you are learning and make this PaaS and SD-Poop. We will be the Uber of Poop-services!!!
That1guy15
@that1guy_15

deanwebb

If your poop is in a cloud does that make it a fart?

that1guy15

Quote from: deanwebb on April 19, 2017, 02:25:32 PM
If your poop is in a cloud does that make it a fart?

Fog-pooping???
That1guy15
@that1guy_15

deanwebb

Would a hybrid solution be... wait, this is about to get inappropriately gross...

that1guy15

Quote from: deanwebb on April 19, 2017, 03:46:24 PM
Would a hybrid solution be... wait, this is about to get inappropriately gross...
"Breaking down Silos"!!! oh yeah
That1guy15
@that1guy_15