ASK THE HEADHUNTER How To Hire: 8 stunning tips

Started by deanwebb, June 06, 2017, 12:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

How To Hire: 8 stunning tips

In the June 6, 2017 Ask The Headhunter Newsletter, a manager offers 8 stunningly clear tips about how to hire so effectively that other managers in your company steal your hires. A hiring manager who prefers to remain anonymous teaches us how to hire. This should be required reading in every company. There’s nothing for me to add except Thank you. A manager’s short course on how to hire Most of my colleagues do not know how to interview anyone. They rely on rules of thumb, guts, or chicken entrails. Actually, they have their direct reports interview the candidate and then vote on

The post How To Hire: 8 stunning tips appeared first on Ask The Headhunter®.

Source: How To Hire: 8 stunning tips
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

deanwebb

if I ever get an interview that goes like the one described in the article, I'll let everyone know. Where I'm currently at came very close to that, now that I think of it. Phone interviews couldn't be avoided, though, due to our global nature.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

dlots

That kind of interview doesn't do very well for technical work IMO.  You can't really give your major pain points on a website or something along those lines as it's great for hackers.

I can see putting out a demo network type of thing though.