Vendor Advisories

Started by deanwebb, July 11, 2017, 11:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

If you would like to add a vendor feed here, please post it in this thread and we'll add it in.

Just added Cisco, which I expect to be *very* chatty... we'll see... you may have to mark this part of the forums as read frequently, but we'll include the feeds to help support our membership deal with their gear and potential faults with it.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

http://www.cisco.com/web/feeds/products/end_of_life_rss.xml

Cisco End of Life RSS Feed?  may be chatty and mostly irrelevant?
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Quote from: ristau5741 on July 12, 2017, 06:03:21 AM
http://www.cisco.com/web/feeds/products/end_of_life_rss.xml

Cisco End of Life RSS Feed?  may be chatty and mostly irrelevant?
I think it is very chatty, I used to be subbed to it and it drove me up the wall, especially when announcing EoL on different *language versions* of software...
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

deanwebb

Cisco feeds are an absolute bust.

Added a US-CERT feed that will have major alerts in it. Sorry if 10 threads just popped up into your "all unread threads" view.

wintermute000

I think its too much noise, vote no (er, if we're getting votes).

The guys who need to follow this stuff already do, and the really BIG stuff (heartbleed wannacry etc.) is all over the internet anyway

It messes up my unread filter <stamps feet>

deanwebb

Well, there was just this initial burp, we should be OK going forward when there is new stuff to add. They do about one a month, looks like.

I'm still amazed that all the Cisco RSS feeds are time sensitive... or non-functional...