SSL Renewal Question

Started by EOS, July 17, 2017, 09:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOS

We have a wildcard SSL Cert that is going to expire next month.   We use GoDaddy

If we renewed that SSL Cert today and had the new one issued, would the old one (still attached to our F5's) become invalid?

dlots

I don't think so, but see what other people think as I am not the best when it comes to certs.

deanwebb

Old one should still be valid until date of expiration, which is why one tries to refresh certs just before they expire, so that one gets the longest life out of a cert, but also so that there is no interruption of service.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

EOS

Thank you!

I'd hate to renew it, have it issued, then the one that's currently applied fails.  Certs are not my strong suite eith.... YET  :)

SimonV

The validity date for the new one would start today but it would remain valid until the original expiry date + 1 year (or 2, 3 depending on your subscription). We renew them a couple of weeks in advance.