GLORIOUS FIREWALL TRIUMPHANT SONG OF WORKERS!

Started by deanwebb, February 13, 2015, 10:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

http://gizmodo.com/listen-to-cyberspace-spirit-chinas-anthem-to-interne-1685528410

:boohoo: :dance:

I will play this song every time I build out a rule. I am, as the song says, "Devoted to turning the global village into the most beautiful scene." I do that, one rule at a time!

Finally, a little respect for IT Security workers...
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

hizzo3

Just think, here you're a thorn in the side of an employee trying to access Facebook, being silently cursed....
But in China, they'd practically give you their medal of honor...
Perspectives are funny sometimes.

deanwebb

I'm going to see if they have any openings in the Nanjing area. I love that part of China, air pollution's not so bad there, either.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

hizzo3

As long as you're within a sniper shot, I'm sure you can work in any city you want.

deanwebb

Quote from: hizzo3 on February 14, 2015, 12:08:13 PM
As long as you're within a sniper shot, I'm sure you can work in any city you want.
Makes for an interesting "work from home" arrangement...

"Yes, you can work from home, but only if you do so in front of an open window across the street from a high-rise apartment building."

config t

:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.

deanwebb

"With Marxist-Leninist thought and 400 million peasants, we are a force that cannot be stopped." - Mao Zedong

Actually, I'm thinking the 400 million peasants should do the trick all on their own...

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on February 14, 2015, 02:37:23 PM
Quote from: hizzo3 on February 14, 2015, 12:08:13 PM
Makes for an interesting "work from home" arrangement...

"Yes, you can work from home, but only if you do so in front of an open window across the street from a high-rise apartment building."

do I need sniper skills for that position?

a little sniping on the side, may make the venture quite profitable.

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.