Getting Info from Cisco 6800 Switches

Started by deanwebb, October 11, 2017, 05:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

We can get data from 6800 switches connected to a fex, regarding MAC address and IP address... but we can't get information on what port the MAC address is connected to. Port syntax looks like gi/101/1/0/1. I wonder if my product is expecting only 3 digits and 2 slashes, like 2/0/4. Any guidance on this?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

ya really don't want to connect your big iron to FEX, save that for servers and appliances. as we've discussed in the past lots of issues with those FEX,   memory limitations on the 2100's and that quirky bug I had earlier in the year on that firewall not populating the ARP table from a connected 6K, just to mention a few.  BTW, I cannot answer your question.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

In a way, you have. If other gear has the same issue, then that points at some use case limitations.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

wintermute000

Welcome to devops or basically how to parse text to json and vice versa
You're just dealing with a parsing issue with fex numbering and your schema needs to take that into account

deanwebb

Quote from: wintermute000 on October 12, 2017, 04:17:54 PM
Welcome to devops or basically how to parse text to json and vice versa
You're just dealing with a parsing issue with fex numbering and your schema needs to take that into account

Sounds like it... time to talk to the lads in dev...

:developers: