Ice in Dallas

Started by deanwebb, February 23, 2015, 08:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

I have training all this week, and it looks like I'll be iced in for at least 2 of the days.

We have a VPN and a LiveMeeting set up so I can train from the comforts of my own home.

:thankyou: :woohoo: :banana: :wub: :joy:
:matrix: :awesome:

Meanwhile, my daughter has to drive in to work. No remote option for her.
:problem?:

Well, I suppose I should be more sympathetic to her...
:angry:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Nerm

I am in Indiana so you're not gonna get any sympathy from me lol. Good that you get to do training remotely though. :)

deanwebb

Instructor's car windshield shattered because of running the heater while he had ice on it... and the windshield had a teeny tiny crack.

I may be at home all week. Whee!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

Seittit

Houston would like to know what this "ice" thing is all about; please advise.

deanwebb

It is an evil, a cold, cold evil that falls from the sky when the gods are angry.

LynK

lol. try living in NY...

here are some pictures for your enjoyment.
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

deanwebb

No. I do not want to try living in NY. My wife refuses to move north of I-635, as it is too cold north of it. As it is, we are just 2 miles south of that roadway.

hizzo3

I thought it was funny that everything was canceled today (Tues). There was minimal ice on the road on the way in, none on the way home. Even my night class at DCCCD was cancelled.
Snow tonight will be interesting though. My car will plow anything more than a few inches. In 2011, I started driving in to work, but the air damn pulled up too much snow and stopped the car. I ended up reversing all the way back to my driveway and called in. I was told I had to call an hour early, and I told them if they pick me up and drop me off I'll come in... No one wanted to pick me up. Lol

deanwebb

Snow became rain for Dallas today, but I was told to work from home today. I love that "abundance of caution".

I may have to go in tomorrow, but Friday looks like another abundance of caution day.  :partay:

hizzo3

Pft... They have us on 10 hour days + sat to make up lost time... Since I'm salary... It not like I'm rolling in excited to get logged in like most days.

deanwebb

Just got word that the freeway I usually drive home on got shut down. SO GLAD I get to work remotely.
:wub:

that1guy15

Last sunday afternoon I went to check into my flight to RTP for my lab test and saw my flight to DFW was cancelled for monday. Freaked, then tried to shift flights but AA cancelled all flights out of AMA for monday. Tuesday was my only option at that point. Test was tuesday...

Wife and I scrambled for 2 hours and finaly got me to Houston that night and then over to RTP monday. It was a mad scramble but Im glad I got down to Houston and everything out of AMA and DFW cancelled monday. That would have been an expensive cancelled flight...

That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

hizzo3

So I was thinking about putting back up my 'Holiday' tree at work. Thoughts?

I had about 5-6 inches in Coppell.

deanwebb

We wrapped up the salt and pepper shakers and exchanged gifts. If there's snow on the ground, we need to have presents!

Got about 4 inches at my house.