ASK THE HEADHUNTER More Money: What to ask for in a talent shortage

Started by deanwebb, November 14, 2017, 06:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

More Money: What to ask for in a talent shortage

In the November 14, 2017 Ask The Headhunter Newsletter, an employer makes a lousy job offer and a job seeker misses the point: Ask for more money. Question After three interviews that included a lengthy presentation on how I would do the job, I was made an offer for a director-level position in a major city. I expected the salary to be upwards of $70,000. My current salary is $63,000. I also get good health benefits that cost me nothing out of pocket. I was stunned when the offer came at $45,000, and I’d have to pay for health insurance. I

The post More Money: What to ask for in a talent shortage appeared first on Ask The Headhunter®.

Source: More Money: What to ask for in a talent shortage
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

deanwebb

Great advice for when an employer low-balls your salary after saying you da man for da job. You have highly specialized skills, use that as leverage. If they don't budge, then tell them your walking away. Turn around, walk out and say nothing more to them unless they come back with the number you asked for.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

icecream-guy

read article here
https://www.blog.google/products/search/new-tools-make-your-job-search-simpler/

Google will be updating it's job search engine

here https://careers.google.com/jobs

they'll be introducing a feature where salary information can be obtained.  article noted 85% of posted jobs have no salary attached.

true and true, salary is only a portion of the total compensation package.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb