Forum Suggestions

Started by Netwörkheäd, January 03, 2015, 02:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonV

Quote from: javentre on January 07, 2015, 05:54:55 AM
I'd like the ability to turn off people's signatures and profile pictures.

- Click Profile > Account Settings
- Hover over Modify Profile and select Look and Layout
- Check Don't show users' avatars.
- Check Don't show users' signatures.

:)

javentre

Thanks.  I missed that "Modify Profile" had sub-items.
[url="http://networking.ventrefamily.com"]http://networking.ventrefamily.com[/url]

Netwörkheäd

There's a lot to discover in the Modify Profile settings. I encourage everyone to take a little time and read through them.
Let's not argue. Let's network!

Seittit

deanwebb

Problem with adding new themes: having to hack them to add in the add-ons. Sticking with the default theme means less hacking when there's a code upgrade.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

that1guy15

I used "my active topics" about 95% of the time I was on NF. It allows me to quickly see any activity in threads I'm involved in. I would then hit active topics to see what's been going on recently.

I'm not really seeing these or am I just a dumbass.

That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

deanwebb

"All unread posts" should help you out. That's in the top menu strip.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

burnyd

deanwebb

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on January 04, 2015, 08:57:20 PM
Added a slew of new smileys.  :awesome: :partay: :)) C:-) :glitch: :matrix: :pub: :cheers: :drama: :excited: :not_worthy: :wub:

If you find another that you want, post the image and I'll add it if it's not dangerous, illegal, sick, insane, or obscene.

what's the trick to placing images inline?  I can attach the image just fine, but  there doesn't seem to be a option to place inline..
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

I just type the thing on the same line as the text. :partay:

icecream-guy

icecream-guy

ahh, preview doesn't preview them....

wintermute000

Hey just thinking, maybe we should start looking around for a URL that distinguishes us from the old place.

a few that come to mind for example (that are free)

tcpiptalk.com
talkingpackets.com
ipforums.net

I'm not saying we need Dean to waste another weekend recoding / rebranding, but that we keep our eyes open and decide on a new (cheap) URL, then put a simple redirect there for the time being.
Heck if its cheap I'll buy the domain myself if Dean doesn't want to foot any more billz.

SimonV

There's a whole bunch of new TLDs out with which you could get creative