Forum Suggestions

Started by Netwörkheäd, January 03, 2015, 02:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

Quote from: Ironman on January 04, 2015, 10:40:45 AM
Fair enough. Also something I noticed, when I post a reply and submit it, it then kicks me back out to the Forums list.

It's a forum look and layout setting you can modify in your profile. New users will have it on by default. Old users (we already have old users... that escalated quickly...) can make the change in their profiles.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Ironman

Gotcha, thanks! Yup, were already the old heads around here.

srg

QuoteNetworking-Forums.com <zzzptm@gmail.com> 4:59 PM (5 hours ago) to me
This message may not have been sent by: zzzptm@gmail.com  Learn more  Report phishing
Gmail doesn't really like your emails.
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

deanwebb

Well, that's Gmail's problem. I can't help if it rejects the way Tapatalk forges a header when it does a broadcast email.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

deanwebb

The logo in the top right is now replaced with Chinese characters for router/switch/firewall. They look pretty cool, especially the ones for router and the last one for firewall.

deanwebb

Added a slew of new smileys.  :awesome: :partay: :)) C:-) :glitch: :matrix: :pub: :cheers: :drama: :excited: :not_worthy: :wub:

If you find another that you want, post the image and I'll add it if it's not dangerous, illegal, sick, insane, or obscene.

mynd

Gotta say already loving the site, layout, and especially color scheme much more than the old networking-forum (feel kinda bad for saying that, really liked that place)

srg

Quote from: deanwebb on January 04, 2015, 05:31:17 PM
Well, that's Gmail's problem. I can't help if it rejects the way Tapatalk forges a header when it does a broadcast email.
Thats not Tapatalk, the initial Welcome mail does the same thing. You might wanna look into sourcing 'official' emails from the actual domain and not some gmail-address :)
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

wintermute000

Another possibly stupid question - can we use attachments? I can't seem to find the option.

Seittit

Quote from: wintermute000 on January 05, 2015, 03:01:10 AM
can we use attachments? I can't seem to find the option.

the WYSIWYG editor looks like it's goofing the attachments menu.

wintermute000

nah I had it off, when I turned it on it magically let me expand the typing zone but didn't affect the lack of option to attach anything

Also a grim finding. I can't find this site via google whatsoever. googled

network forums
networking forums
networking-forums

guess what the old place is still there.

I know you said that SEO is not usable on this - but I'm taking that's just the name of the plugin, not search engine optimisation in general??!!?!

Also think someone with lots of reddit cred should hit that place up on our behalf. I hardly ever go to reddit so not sure if I will get pelted with rotten tomatoes if I do and/or even get noticed by anyone or anything.

Finally, dunno how they feel about this, but is there any way of reaching out to network engineering section of stack exchange for some cross promotion?

SimonV

If you google "site:networking-forums.com" it seems like google has already crawled a couple of the pages, it could take a while to get higher up in the results

vito_corleone

Quote from: wintermute000 on January 05, 2015, 04:51:45 AMAlso think someone with lots of reddit cred should hit that place up on our behalf. I hardly ever go to reddit so not sure if I will get pelted with rotten tomatoes if I do and/or even get noticed by anyone or anything.

Finally, dunno how they feel about this, but is there any way of reaching out to network engineering section of stack exchange for some cross promotion?

I think it'd just get pulled as spam. Ideally we'd have some unique thread/discussion that we could post a link to.

mynd

A link at the top of a topic that brings you to the first unread reply

icecream-guy

need to go back to the original NF configuration/fomat/views/settings.  with improvements that the guy who sold us out wouldn't make..... lol :partay:
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.