Recording issues with my Foscam 9826W

Started by umby75, December 30, 2017, 10:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umby75

Hi, I'm encountering an issue related on recording on sd card installed into cam's slot and ftp way.
I configurated ftp server and if you try to test through the camera web page you can get success by test.
I enabled motion detection but I don't find my recordings into directory..
The same result I get when I switch the sd card as the place for recordings.
Do you know how can I set this camera for recordings?
My router is a Tplink and I use a Synology as Ftp server..

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

deanwebb

If the FTP test works, then it seems like you've got an issue with the actual recording in the camera... what does the user manual say about this?
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

where was the SD card formatted,  thinking there may be a slight difference in the formatting where one device cannot read the card formatted on another device (aka think Cisco).

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

umby75

Thank you both for replies. Happy new year andI I'm sorry for my delay in answering.

@deanwebb
I've just checked but I've not found tips about my issue.
It's strange that for these expensive cams we are encountering these problems.
I set ftp server and I got success. I inserted the name dir as the example and I created the same dir and path in my FTP server but  no recordings I found there..
Into the string at bottom I read c:\IPCamRecord for Local Recording Location.
If I select Browse I can browse into my local hdd with their folders..

@ristau5741
Sd card was recognised by cam and it read full size of my sd card. Anyway there isn't a key to format the SD card by web page configuration camera...

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

deanwebb

Can you copy files via FTP to that directory from another host? If yes, then make sure you duplicate the FTP setup in the camera. If not, then the FTP server itself needs to be fixed so it can receive files.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.