Registration questions

Started by Seittit, January 05, 2015, 04:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seittit

Me thinks that the two questions asked during registration regarding OSPF and HTTPS will ward off most users asking about their home linksys routers.

Nicely done.

:awesome:

mynd

I thought that too, but it very well may be too much a hindrance for some, which may or may not, be a good thing ...

icecream-guy

hi all....

tough questions.....    the leave this box empty question had me stumped..

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

I thought about that... they'd also likely ward off people that have no Google Fu. Maybe I need to hack that file to let folks know that it's open book and that they're allowed to look up the answers. Having random questions like that are designed to keep bots out that try to script answers or defeat captchas.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

NetworkGroover

Hehe... I liked the questions as well.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

GeoApps

Maybe so, but  I had to give up on this question:

• What is a word that means 1000Gb/sec?

:angry: I tried TBit/s, Terabps, Tb/sec, Tbps, and many other combinations. :angry:

Got in using a different question after reloading the page, but that one was very annoying. 

deanwebb

Whoops, I need to fix that one.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

hizzo3

The hex one threw me as well. Didn't know if it wanted 0xFF or just FF... Luckily FF worked (thought like a network guy vs normal computer)

wintermute000

I reckon make them slightly easier

deanwebb

I can go that route... suggested easy-breezy questions with obvious answers?

Seittit

How about
Which company recently purchased a networking-based forum and left it to rust after stripping out its functionality?

SimonV

deanwebb

Quote from: Seittit on January 09, 2015, 01:10:00 PM
How about
Which company recently purchased a networking-based forum and left it to rust after stripping out its functionality?

:steamtroll:

NetworkGroover

Quote from: deanwebb on January 09, 2015, 01:47:15 PM
Quote from: Seittit on January 09, 2015, 01:10:00 PM
How about

:steamtroll:

Lol..... troll-ol-ol-ol-ol-ol
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

wintermute000

I reckon stuff like
- Under what conditions will an ASBR set a forwarding address in a Type 5 LSA?

joking, I meant stuff that won't put off newbies or have ambiguities like FF vs 0xFF (though personally I stand  by 0xFF lol). e.g.

- what is the acronym for Random Access Memory?
- what is the common network command to see if an IP address is responding
- how many bytes is 2048 bits?