I don't think this is very PC

Started by Dieselboy, March 09, 2015, 10:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieselboy

I came across this on a well-known companies questionnaire / survey thing

deanwebb

It's not very Macintosh or *nix, either.

However, in the USA, there are regulations about minority- and woman-owned businesses and the encouragement of them. Questions like this are used for statistical purposes.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

that1guy15

Yep, my last GOV gig the procurement pecking order was: Local > Female/Minority owner > Small Business > Lowest bidder > Anyone else.

The larger "Anyone else" companies usually had a small spin-off they would setup as Female/Minority owned to slip in the door.

I had many pains with this process and even screwed over a great VAR who help with my Nexus design a ton because they where not recognized as small business anymore by our procurement office. This process is the single biggest reason I will never work in GOV again. 

Oh and when you get the dreaded call from the over-achieving procurement buyer that they found a switch online for $200 and wants justification on why my request is for a $6000 switch. They are the same thing right?

/trigger
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

javentre

A friend of mine was losing out on a lot of business, he fixed that by making his wife a 51% owner in the company.
[url="http://networking.ventrefamily.com"]http://networking.ventrefamily.com[/url]

SimonV

Quote from: that1guy15 on March 10, 2015, 08:35:11 AM
Oh and when you get the dreaded call from the over-achieving procurement buyer that they found a switch online for $200 and wants justification on why my request is for a $6000 switch. They are the same thing right?

Depends if it's Belkin or not

that1guy15

One was literally a Nexus 5K vs a Best Buy add....

I saved the email and really wish I could have keep it.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net