port forwarding through mobile hotspot?

Started by ggnfs000, March 07, 2018, 03:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggnfs000

This is probably outraguous question but yes I was wondering if port forwarding through mobile hotspot is possible. I might be running into situation where I might leave my cell in an extended period of time leaving the hotspot on creating wireless network. Anytime home router gets stuck, wifi devices maintain connectivity through mobile hot spot. With home router, port forwarding can be easily done, but I kept wondering if it is possible or any trick?
Thanks!

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

ggnfs000

SimonV

deanwebb

Quote from: ggnfs000 on March 08, 2018, 12:26:00 AM
I 'll take it as not possible :D  :o

It's possible, just not something I ever enjoy seeing on the corporate network. Makes me all :twitch: when I see it. Again, it's my job that makes me this way...
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

ggnfs000

Quote from: SimonV on March 08, 2018, 12:50:58 AM
Get a router with LTE backup interface

OOOOw, never knew such think exist. THis is completely separate than mobile device itself and hotspot right? Then I presume need to sign up for service such that I can access the LTE network?

ggnfs000

Quote from: deanwebb on March 08, 2018, 09:16:43 AM
Quote from: ggnfs000 on March 08, 2018, 12:26:00 AM
I 'll take it as not possible :D  :o

It's possible, just not something I ever enjoy seeing on the corporate network. Makes me all :twitch: when I see it. Again, it's my job that makes me this way...

Not corp. environment, it is for home. Well my own small biz, to be precise.

icecream-guy

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

icecream-guy

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.