ASK THE HEADHUNTER This job offer is unreal!

Started by deanwebb, March 13, 2018, 12:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

This job offer is unreal!

In the March 13, 2018 Ask The Headhunter Newsletter, a reader waits for a job offer and for the current employee in the job to quit. Question I applied for a job not too far from me. I was invited in for an interview. I went to the interview and did not hear back for two weeks. I e-mailed my potential boss to follow up and he responded by telling me something to the effect of, “I’m so sorry, I was just about to contact you and invite you in for a second interview!” So I went to the second

The post This job offer is unreal! appeared first on Ask The Headhunter®.

Source: This job offer is unreal!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

dlots

I've had those.  It was really quite annoying :-(

Otanx

This kind of stuff happens all the time in government. Contractors post job openings for contracts they have not won yet so they can show that if they do win it they have experienced people that are willing to fill the spot. Of course once they win it they end up just hiring the team that was already doing the work. Every once in a while it will be new work, and need new people, but not often.

-Otanx

deanwebb

Right, and there's no way to know if you're in the "new work" group or the "holding pattern" group.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

Quote from: deanwebb on March 14, 2018, 10:01:42 AM
Right, and there's no way to know if you're in the "new work" group or the "holding pattern" group.

in the gov'ie world, companies are bidding so low to win the contract, that not only is the contract winner not hiring anybody, but cutting a few of the staff to keep the costs low. ( at least that's what happened in my recent transition,  2 less guys on the team now (was almost 3)).
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.