Wireless Solutions

Started by deanwebb, March 21, 2018, 09:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieselboy

I think it would be better for Meraki if they could keep the devices running after license expiry, and simply block access to change the configuration of the devices. An attempt to update the config would display a message and a account manager would be prompted to call them for a discussion.. That then gets over the whole "ooh if I dont pay then the world turns upside down" fear.

Or at least keep it working as a basic device. Example, firewalls dont get malware or anything fancy. Just simple routing and nat or something.

I just think that stranding a customer isn't good customer service.

deanwebb

Quote from: Dieselboy on July 15, 2018, 01:55:29 AM
I think it would be better for Meraki if they could keep the devices running after license expiry, and simply block access to change the configuration of the devices. An attempt to update the config would display a message and a account manager would be prompted to call them for a discussion.. That then gets over the whole "ooh if I dont pay then the world turns upside down" fear.

Or at least keep it working as a basic device. Example, firewalls dont get malware or anything fancy. Just simple routing and nat or something.

I just think that stranding a customer isn't good customer service.

I agree.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.