Started by LynK, March 12, 2015, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynK

Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

jay9821

Me: 22 6'3 starting weight 455lbs

Also me: 25 215lbs

Biking 15-40 miles a day, maintaining a 12-1700 calorie day diet for 3 years.

But this current version of me decided that he missed having muscle and being able to lift things:

27 240bls

2200 calorie a day high protein diet.

Great job everybody, if I can do it you can do it too. It's all about finding the small things that trip us up and finding the little things the move us forward,

deanwebb

It's also important to take a long-term view of things. This isn't just doing some changes for a week or two. This is about changing a lifestyle and looking for changes that can be permanent.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

jay9821

Yes.

Reflect long term what we've done in the past that's caused us to be unhealthy, then make a long term plan that will correct those errors. Then constantly adjust to what's working, what's not and what techniques are beneficial to what the end goals are.

If it helps, early on compare the new lifestyle to something that is already an interest to you. For me, I was "building up character stats." i.e stamina and then strength. Nerdy? Yes. Effective? Hell yes.

mmcgurty

I did my weigh in today and saw I was down 26.2lbs since 1/14/2015 (287lbs at my peak).  I stopped drinking all Mountain Dew and caffeine on the advice of my doctor that day.  I am currently using the Lose It app to project a 1lb/week weight loss (~2400 calories/day).  I was averaging at least 6 to 12 Mountain Dew's per day.  I am usually drinking just plain water since I can't stand sugar free diet drinks.  I have been using an elliptical trainer at work and at home (sometimes at both locations) or treadmill.

I can honestly say this is probably the best I have felt in years.  I am anxious for some regular warmer weather so my family and I can start going to our walking trails and walking outside at work during lunch.

javentre

Sodas, including diet ones, are death in a can.  You're far better off drinking water.
[url="http://networking.ventrefamily.com"]http://networking.ventrefamily.com[/url]

deanwebb

Quote from: javentre on April 04, 2015, 08:02:15 PM
Sodas, including diet ones, are death in a can.  You're far better off drinking water.
DISCLAIMER: The above statement is not to be taken as medical advice, especially if you live in an area where the water is really bad and bottled water isn't readily available. :)
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

LynK

Quote from: deanwebb on April 06, 2015, 08:25:37 AM
Quote from: javentre on April 04, 2015, 08:02:15 PM
DISCLAIMER: The above statement is not to be taken as medical advice, especially if you live in an area where the water is really bad and bottled water isn't readily available. :)

Disclamer: Only applicable in California, and remote deserts

@Jay: Wow... great job. Inspiration to hit the gym today, even though I am excausted  :cheers:
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

javentre

At numerous times in history, like in the 1850s during the Cholera outbreaks, folks turned to fermented beverages because they figured out drinking dirty water got them stick, but beer was GTG.
[url="http://networking.ventrefamily.com"]http://networking.ventrefamily.com[/url]

icecream-guy

Quote from: javentre on April 06, 2015, 04:54:02 PM

At numerous times in history, like in the 1850s during the Cholera outbreaks, folks turned to fermented beverages because they figured out drinking dirty water got them stick, but beer was GTG.

Alcohol kills germs, right?   like when yer sick,  drink alcohol to kill the germs.
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

NetworkGroover

Quote from: ristau5741 on April 07, 2015, 07:02:50 AM
Alcohol kills germs, right?   like when yer sick,  drink alcohol to kill the germs.

Sounds legit.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

deanwebb

Quote from: AspiringNetworker on April 07, 2015, 05:15:35 PM

Sounds legit.

DISCLAIMER: We're not doctors, and we don't even play them on teevee.

NetworkGroover

Quote from: deanwebb on April 08, 2015, 01:50:08 PM

Sounds legit.

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?  I hear that counts.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

Mowery

Quote from: deanwebb on April 08, 2015, 01:50:08 PM

Sounds legit.

I usually get all of my medical advice from networking forums. Guess I'll have to rethink this.
QuoteYeah, right... and 96% of the Internet being dark and mysterious? How about 96% of the internet being Cisco web pages I can never find when I need them...

jay9821

Well, I'm a former medical professional and can confirm that drinking alcohol long term weakens the immune system.