ForeScout Has Common Criteria Certification

Started by deanwebb, June 26, 2018, 01:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

DISCLAIMER: I work for {$VENDOR} for values of {$VENDOR=ForeScout}  :smug:

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/06/26/1529421/0/en/ForeScout-Achieves-Common-Criteria-and-UC-APL-Certifications-to-Benefit-Government-Customers.html

Short version is that ForeScout CounterACT has an important piece in place for being able to work in United States government environments. Of course, I'm happy for that, since I get a benefit out of it, but I'm also happy for USG clients that pick up on it, as I believe it's the best NAC product on the market.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

KDog

Congrats,
Having put a product through EAL2, it is not a small amount of work.
Never argue with an idiot.
They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

deanwebb

Indeed. I'm also working on regulatory regimes and how ForeScout can help meet / exceed compliance. I like that governance side of things, so it's actually fun for me to do. :smug:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

LynK

@dean

why is forescout being so retarded when trying to get a demo VM for testing in our environment. I just want to get hands on and they are dragging their feet. They always like this?
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

deanwebb

I think they usually demo with hardware, but a VM can have a 30-day license and expire, so it's not like once you have the ISO, you've got free NAC for ever.