Best Colors for Terminal/Putty/SecreCRT etc. . .

Started by Ironman, March 21, 2015, 06:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironman

I think we may have been down this road before, not sure. Post up a screenshot of your color scheme:

deanwebb

We can change the colors?

Actually, I just leave things on black and white, but, now... maybe I want to go to an amber or green screen, like I used to have on my old monochrome monitors... Or maybe white text on a blue background like on my old Atari 400.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Ironman

I've been using the black background with orange text for awhile now and it works pretty well for me. I do like to change things up from time to time.

Putney

Ironman

Reggle

Ironman

Putney

Quote from: Ironman on March 23, 2015, 09:29:20 AM
You use the dark or the light one?

Dark on my terminals with a bit of tweaking for selection text and light for my text editors for now.

Might not stick with it but i've been using it for a couple of weeks now.

DanC

Quote from: Reggle on March 23, 2015, 03:56:50 PM
Black background, green text. Oldschool I know.

+1

I had a habit of using yellow on black for LAB equipment but that seems to finished since I moved jobs...

NetworkGroover

Attached, otherwise if I'm not on my PC I rock the black/green or black/orange depending on mood.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

srg

Quote from: AspiringNetworker on April 07, 2015, 10:24:30 AM
Attached, otherwise if I'm not on my PC I rock the black/green or black/orange depending on mood.
For real? How do you stand the background?
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

Ironman

NetworkGroover

For what I use now?  Doesn't bother me in the least.  The only time it may is if I'm looking at some color-coded text like purple.  Other than that though.. no issues here.

that1guy15

white on black for me. Not really picky. As much as I love the idea I cant stand transparent windows.

I downloaded Solarized to try out but its not supported in SecureCRT so ill have to try something else out.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

NetworkGroover

Quote from: that1guy15 on April 07, 2015, 03:50:17 PM
white on black for me. Not really picky. As much as I love the idea I cant stand transparent windows.

I downloaded Solarized to try out but its not supported in SecureCRT so ill have to try something else out.

+1 On transparent windows.  I thought it would have been a spiffy idea when I'm doing a remote demo and have multiple terminal windows up to make the inactive ones transparent so you can easily focus on the window I'm currently working in, but when it involved browser windows sitting in the background it got really ugly, really fast.