Main Menu

RSA 2015

Started by deanwebb, March 27, 2015, 09:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

I might actually attend the closing keynote speech... it's Alec Baldwin!

:awesome:

Alec Friggin' Baldwin!  :partay:

Time to pick out my sessions... :excited:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

deanwebb

BUMP to ask the forums if anyone else is going to RSA this year?

You know you're a security guy when you're drooling over the encryption roundtable discussion with Diffie and Shamir on the panel.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

Otanx

Not doing RSA, or Cisco Live this year. My coworker is doing Cisco Live, and I am sure someone is going to RSA I don't know who. I just put in my request for SANS Las Vegas SEC503 class. So if you get that one we can meet up.

-Otanx

deanwebb

We should set up a thread in January for where we plan to train for the upcoming year...

routerdork

Wouldn't be a bad idea. Other than Live and a few others I've never heard of some of these. Would be good for hearing about things before it's too late.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." -Abraham Lincoln

deanwebb

OK, I'm here at the RSA. They gave out a bag AND a hoodie. Totally sweet. Also, competitors of Cisco are allowed to have booths. Those are the two biggest differences from Cisco Live!. I'll try and post what I learn from vendor booths and sessions. I do wonder if there will be plastic swords this year. I could start a LARP group with all the swords I picked up last year...

Dieselboy

1. What's RSA? (as in the security firm?)

2. Don't pee off Alec Baldwin.

Otanx

1. RSA conference - yes like the security company. They do several large security conferences throughout the year.
2. Not going to touch this one.

-Otanx

Netwörkheäd

I'm in the same hotel killabee had last year at Cisco Live. Much quieter and it's right on a shuttle route. Very nice. Waiting for the first session and using my cell, which is why I'm not deanwebb as I post this.
Let's not argue. Let's network!

deanwebb

4 new videos are up: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmwKLdTC3hJxtk1jMl8SvcA

4-5 min, each, summaries of Day 1 at RSA.