ASA-X migrate to FTD - Anyconnect licenses

Started by Dieselboy, September 28, 2018, 12:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieselboy

I couldnt see how my 50 Anyconnect license could be moved to FTD so I raised a case. Licensing team said it's not possible to migrate them and I would have to by the licenses again.  :eek: Not really prepared to do that since the 50 SSL licenses were a few thousand dollars.

Does anyone have experience with this yet, can you suggest any better way forward? I'm keen to move to FTD to resolve a ASA Firepower SSL decryption bug and this is the only thing stopping me.

icecream-guy

separate the VPN services, and keep them on the ASA?
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

Dieselboy

As far as I know you can't do that because FTD takes the whole asa.

Dieselboy

I looked up the 50 SSL license part number for FTD and they cost $15,000 AUD.  :twitch:

The only reason for migrating is to resolve the broken firepower SSL decryption product ref: CSCvm32267

Will speak to our AM to see if there's a way forward with FTD otherwise I wont be migrating as it will cost me almost $20,000 AUD which to put it simply is to fix the broken Firepower product.

SimonV

Try out Pulse Secure, it's the bee's knees.

And you can get a fully functional VM with 3 licenses for free!

Dieselboy

Thanks for the tip! Going to stick with anyconnect as it's already deployed to my users and sometimes they have a hard enough time using that  :mrgreen:

Will keep this in mind for the future though! Could be good for our public cloud accesses!

deanwebb

Eccch licensing, I was *so* tempted to delete this thread because of licensing... :smug:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.