It's the Weeeeeekend!!

Started by routerdork, April 02, 2015, 11:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

routerdork

This kinda died off at our last home. I see Ristau tried to resurrect it here. I like it. I like to see what my people are doing.  :banana: :joy: :banana:

Beers tonight with a couple former coworkers. Company holiday tomorrow and have a friend flying into town. Will be drinking beer and hanging out. Off next Monday and Tuesday too. Have tickets to opening day of baseball on Monday. Will be watching the Kansas City Royals host the Chicago White Sox.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." -Abraham Lincoln

deanwebb

I get to apply a code patch and test a connection to a new AD server in NAC. Nothing can *possibly* go wrong.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Otanx

On call weekend for me. Wife wants to paint the living room, kitchen, movie room, and the hall ways. I am kind of hoping something breaks at work.

-Otanx

routerdork

Quote from: Otanx on April 02, 2015, 01:33:45 PM
On call weekend for me. Wife wants to paint the living room, kitchen, movie room, and the hall ways. I am kind of hoping something breaks at work.

-Otanx
LOL my basement needs some work if she gets bored. Any color she wants as long as its not the dungeon looking junk the people before used.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." -Abraham Lincoln

SimonV

Long weekend - friend's birthday party tomorrown, and going to the zoo on Sunday with the kids if the weather permits

deanwebb

Oh crap I'm also on call. Beauty. People seriously need to schedule when switches fail and links go down. If there was better planning, we could change all these unexpected outages into *expected* outages and I could schedule some time to respond to the text messages instead of having to deal with them as they roll in.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

icecream-guy

have to work early tomorrow morning and upgrade some switches that took me almost two years to schedule (damn TACLANEs).  got a lawn guy coming over Saturday to help me figure out what to do with my crappy mossy, balding, weedy, this that's called a lawn.   Costco, got to stock up on home basics.  Sunday, 2x smoked ham for Easter dinner. (smoking that ham for a good long time)
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Can't do smoked ham anymore. We do ham vapes.