SNMP Security

Started by deanwebb, January 09, 2019, 04:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

SimonV

I found a read-write community called "public" today.

C:-)

deanwebb

Quote from: SimonV on January 10, 2019, 04:34:39 PM
I found a read-write community called "public" today.

C:-)

Customer I'm at is supposed to be 100% on SNMPv3.

Yesterday, we found the locations that were still on "public" for RO and "private" for RW.

:ivan:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

SimonV

Well, in my case the it's a read-write community even though it should be read-only.
The worst part is that this seems to be included in the factory-default HPE/Aruba configuration.

I'm starting to understand why these switches are frowned upon...

deanwebb

There are lots of switches that I frown upon, typically in inverse proportion to their price. The cheaper it is, the frownier I get.