Shaving Tips

Started by deanwebb, April 19, 2015, 12:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

I can't believe I've been doing it wrong all these years.

I was looking around stuff near my hotel and there was an "Art of Shaving" boutique. I read through it all, and was set to pay way too much on upscale face scraping gear. I checked myself and found out I already had what I needed. But, their 4 Steps to a Perfect Shave is not a joke. It totally works.

1. Prepare - oil up the skin. I used my wife's coconut oil, which is solid at room temperatures. Enough to leave a nice gleam on the face. My wife uses it when shaving her legs, don't know why I never made the connection in 28 years of marriage. My wife said she knows. What's the meaning of that? Oh well... prepare with a good organic oil.

Do this after having had a hot shower, so the skin is ready to be shaved with open pores and all.

2. Lather - I use Dr. Bronner's shaving gel. Great product, great price. This goes on over the oil. Get hands wet with hot water, add the gel, lather up, schmeer on the face.

3. Shave - short strokes, rinse with hot water, all down at first. Re-lather and do up strokes for the second pass. Then, clean up with cross-grain strokes. Use a razor with as few blades as possible to limit irritation. Blades are good for 3-5 shaves, then they have to get replaced or resharpened.

4. Moisturize - rinse face with hot water first, then follow with a rinse with cold water to close up the pores. Apply a non-alcoholic moisturizer to seal and heal. I use Dr. Bronner's lotion - orange lavender - and love the feel it leaves.

Using products that have zero industrial petrochemical or detergent or whatever chemicals is best. Which is why I love Dr. Bronner's so much, they're amazing. Anyway, for $30, I've got all I need for the best shave I've ever had, which is a really good price compared to some of the stuff being sold in those upscale shops.

Anyway, for
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

icecream-guy

sounds like a new video is coming....

Electric shaver,  buzzzzz for a few minutes and done, MUCH less hassle
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

Netwörkheäd

Lol, no... no video... maybe a PowerPoint presentation, though.
Let's not argue. Let's network!

Nerm

I wish I could shave with an electric razor, but they irritate my skin something awful. My wife is a big fan of "Pure Romance" products. Their "Coochie" shave gel is awesome no matter where on your skin it goes lol.

LynK

Quote from: Nerm on April 27, 2015, 07:32:12 AM
"Coochie" shave gel is awesome no matter where on your skin it goes lol.

:problem?: :problem?: I want to make so many comments.... :lol:
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

deanwebb

Quote from: LynK on April 27, 2015, 03:56:05 PM
Quote from: Nerm on April 27, 2015, 07:32:12 AM
"Coochie" shave gel is awesome no matter where on your skin it goes lol.

:problem?: :problem?: I want to make so many comments.... :lol:

:zomgwtfbbq:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.