I Love My Job, This is F'n Awesome

Started by that1guy15, May 07, 2015, 11:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynK

I'll tell you what keeps me from up and spamming recruiters with my resume (other than the sheer idiocy of that move): my current manager.

I second this. My manager is freaking amazing. He is just straight-up awesome. Flex hours out the wazzo. He is technical, and take things on his own plate (so I do
n't have to worry about everything, he is a realist, and what I would want to be if I ever stepped into a managerial role.
Sys Admin: "You have a stuck route"
            Me: "You have an incorrect Default Gateway"

NetworkGroover

Quote from: LynK on May 13, 2015, 09:45:06 AM
I'll tell you what keeps me from up and spamming recruiters with my resume (other than the sheer idiocy of that move): my current manager.

I second this. My manager is freaking amazing. He is just straight-up awesome. Flex hours out the wazzo. He is technical, and take things on his own plate (so I do
n't have to worry about everything, he is a realist, and what I would want to be if I ever stepped into a managerial role.

That sounds like an exemplary dude.  Those come few and far between.  My lead/manager is similar.  Officially my manager is now a director, but our team lead is who really manages us.  He's an engineer like the rest of us, very much a realist with understanding of family needs, etc.  We had been doing a lot of travel for a certain effort, and he just told me one day to attend the usual conference calls, but other than that no work.  Little things like that make you want to stay where you are.  Simple little things.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always