Problems in my Neighborhood

Started by Mowery, May 15, 2015, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mowery

QuoteYeah, right... and 96% of the Internet being dark and mysterious? How about 96% of the internet being Cisco web pages I can never find when I need them...

deanwebb

http://news.psu.edu/story/357656/2015/05/15/administration/college-engineering-network-disabled-response-sophisticated

That has the official response with all four parts:

1. It was a sophisticated attack (say that so your cyber-insurance guys won't nail you for failing at due diligence)
2. No personal information was lost or exposed (say that so you don't lose whatever certification your networks have)
3. We have contained the response (maybe you have, maybe you haven't... say that to assure stakeholders that all will be well)
4. We called Mandiant.

EVERY official response says those four things.

:lol: :rofl: :drama: :doh:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.