Cisco live lunch?

Started by dlots, May 20, 2015, 03:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlots

Anyone else going to Cisco live?
If so any interest in doing lunch some time; seems there is ALOT going on in the evenings but I don't see anything scheduled around noon maybe we have more people who can make a lunch.

It's my 1st time at Cisco live :-D

deanwebb

Most of the places near the Moscone around lunch time are going to be PACKED.

Walk a few blocks away, though, and the crowds aren't so bad.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

burnyd

Yeah I am good for that.  I am getting in on Saturday so I am good whenever.

killabee

Yep, I'm down for lunch and some high-fiving!

that1guy15

Same as Burnyd, I arrive on saturday.

Im good for lunch, We need to nail it down because my schedule is filling up quick.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

dlots

Wensday at noon?
No idea about where to eat or anything like that, I don't know the area at all... even a little bit

deanwebb

I'd suggest 11AM, since that's right when the lunch crowds start to form, and you have a chance at getting a table somewhere. There's a really good noodle shop on 4th, just north of Moscone North and pretty much across the street from Moscone West.

If you go when there's a keynote happening, you've got a real good chance of getting quick service.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

packetherder

Quote from: dlots on May 21, 2015, 08:38:03 AM
Wensday at noon?
No idea about where to eat or anything like that, I don't know the area at all... even a little bit

Just beware of the cisco provided lunch. not. even. once.

deanwebb

Quote from: packetherder on May 21, 2015, 09:22:04 AM
Quote from: dlots on May 21, 2015, 08:38:03 AM
Wensday at noon?

Just beware of the cisco provided lunch. not. even. once.

Agreed and QFT. This is San Francisco, you're on the company card, get some good food in you.

that1guy15

Wednesday lunch at 11 is good for me. I have the IoE keynote scheduled so I dont mind missing it. Unless someone else has a kick-ass session going then.

That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

srg

Quote from: deanwebb on May 21, 2015, 09:37:30 AMThis is San Francisco, you're on the company card, get some good food in you.
Actually, its in San Diego... ;)
som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

deanwebb

Quote from: srg on May 21, 2015, 11:00:05 AM
Quote from: deanwebb on May 21, 2015, 09:37:30 AMThis is San Francisco, you're on the company card, get some good food in you.
Actually, its in San Diego... ;)

:doh:

That's right. Still, San Diego has some good eats, I'm sure. I'm just planning to go back to RSA next year, so I'm keeping my Frisco game fresh.

NetworkGroover

I live in San Diego.  Let me know if you want to know good places to eat. 

EDIT - Would like to meet you guys in person - that'd be cool.  I got to speak with burnyd a bit on the phone a while ago.  First live interaction with a N-Fs.com member. :)
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

deanwebb

How many people can you sit comfortably in your car, AspiringNetworker? Maybe you can whisk them to a part of town not slammed at lunchtime by convention-goers.

Up to you whether or not you want to have the logo of a Cisco competitor prominently displayed on your vehicle as a means of easily identifying it in the hustle and bustle of the convention...

:problem?:

NetworkGroover

Quote from: deanwebb on May 21, 2015, 12:30:24 PM
How many people can you sit comfortably in your car, AspiringNetworker? Maybe you can whisk them to a part of town not slammed at lunchtime by convention-goers.

Up to you whether or not you want to have the logo of a Cisco competitor prominently displayed on your vehicle as a means of easily identifying it in the hustle and bustle of the convention...

:problem?:

How much time will you have?  I assume it's being held at the convention center - I know a few places in and around the area that may be just a bit outside walking distance that may not be too busy during that timeframe... some things that immediately come to mind:

Italian?  Bencotto:
http://lovebencotto.com/
* If you've never had gelato like me, I'd also highly recommend at some point you check out Pappalecco - it's freakin' good!  The cute authentic Italian (or good impersonators) girls that work at the one in Little Italy aren't bad on the eyes either, haha.

Love meat? Fogo De Chao:
http://www.fogodechao.com/menu
*Warning:  It's all you can eat meat - so be prepared for the "itis" to set in in the afternoon.  It's ridiculous.  Haven't went there for lunch though.

Eye candy, great burgers and other food (Way better than Hooters)?  Tilted Kilt:
http://www.tiltedkilt.com/locations/missionvalley/
*Be sure to check out the photo gallery for a preview.. *cough*

Wanna snuggle?  Melting Pot(Fondue):
http://www.meltingpot.com/san-diego-gaslamp/welcome
*Ok - that was a joke... "unless you goin' do it"

There's also great sushi, pho, and other stuff too, but I'd have to ask some buddies for good spots.  There's a TON of good places to eat in San Diego.  There's San Diego favorites like Phil's BBQ and In-N-Out burger as well...

It's an accord sedan so I can fit 3 comfortably, 4 with a squeeze - and no need to worry about making my head explode if you guys want to talk Cisco. ;)  I'll just stare into my beer and keep my comments to myself..... haha.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always