Cisco live lunch?

Started by dlots, May 20, 2015, 03:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srg

som om sinnet hade svartnat för evigt.

NetworkGroover

Quote from: srg on May 21, 2015, 01:39:25 PM
Good Mexican?

Ugh, see I'm the wrong person to ask  for that.  I love Mexican fast food, but as for restaurants, I haven't found one I've liked yet.  I guess I just don't dig "real" Mexican food. I like fish/california/carne asada burritos, and carne asada fries (Once in a blue moon - that's like a heart attack in a box) - but that's about as far as I get except maybe Taco Bell... lol.

If you're seriously interested let me know and I'll ask around.. I know there's some good spots in Old Town just don't remember the name. In general though, there's a ton of Mexican food places out here as well.
Engineer by day, DJ by night, family first always

that1guy15

If your gonna drop in would it be better to setup dinner one night so we are not rushing to get back to sessions?

Ill leave it up for a vote but Im game for dinner one night.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15
blog.movingonesandzeros.net

NetworkGroover

Quote from: that1guy15 on May 21, 2015, 03:59:47 PM
If your gonna drop in would it be better to setup dinner one night so we are not rushing to get back to sessions?

Ill leave it up for a vote but Im game for dinner one night.

Yeah that probably would be better so no one's sweating the time

that1guy15

I also fly in Saturday afternoon and all evenings so far except for the customer appreciation event are free.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15

NetworkGroover

Quote from: that1guy15 on May 21, 2015, 05:28:30 PM
I also fly in Saturday afternoon and all evenings so far except for the customer appreciation event are free.

I should be good for any evening as well with enough advance notice so that I can tell/ask/beg/bribe/incapacitate my wife to let me outside to play with my friends.

killabee

icecream-guy

Party at AspiringNetworker's  place.... :partay:
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

dlots

burnyd

Yeah Sushi or Mexican would be great. Or both.

that1guy15

Quote from: burnyd on May 22, 2015, 08:44:40 AM
There is no good sushi here in north Texas so Im down! Fresh fish or sea food as well. We have more good authentic Mexican food restaurants here than people here but its mostly true Mexican or TexMex so some Cali-style Mexican would be a good change. I also love all things Thia and oriental.

But as long as there is beer Im game.
That1guy15
@that1guy_15

NetworkGroover

Quote from: ristau5741 on May 22, 2015, 07:23:28 AM
Party at AspiringNetworker's  place.... :partay:

Haha - I'd openly welcome you hooligans to my place :cheers:  .... but wifey doesn't like that anymore with our two young kiddos.  :doh:

NetworkGroover

Quote from: that1guy15 on May 22, 2015, 09:51:46 AM
Quote from: burnyd on May 22, 2015, 08:44:40 AM
There is no good sushi here in north Texas so Im down! Fresh fish or sea food as well. We have more good authentic Mexican food restaurants here than people here but its mostly true Mexican or TexMex so some Cali-style Mexican would be a good change. I also love all things Thia and oriental.

But as long as there is beer Im game.

Ah jeez - you're opening the whole gambit here... well suffice to say, you can find pretty much anything in San Diego... aside from what I've already  mentioned... Indian, Thai, Vietnamese (Love the spicy fried rice with chicken.. omg...), whatever.

You guys work out what you want to do and when... and I'll figure out places

As for fresh seafood... I went to this place only once but man I'd go again if I weren't lazy...
http://bluewaterseafoodsandiego.com/

It's like a seafood market, but they cook it for you right there on the spot.  I did a salmon with avacado and whatever sauce it was.. can't remember, on a sandwich, and it was AWESOME!  It's tricky though - the guys I went with told me we were lucky because usually there's a line wrapped around the building for lunch.

NetworkGroover

Oh, and I have to at least throw this out there... dunno if it would be weird to go with dudes.. it kinda is to me, but that's just me... but if you want to check out a cool place that focuses on nothing but desserts:

http://extraordinarydesserts.com/

Great dessert - and interestingly enough, they put a gold flake on each one.

burnyd

make up your minds.  This is like when I ask my wife where she wants to go to eat for dinner.