No Motivation Today

Started by Mowery, May 22, 2015, 08:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mowery

I have a big stack of gear to configure for a customer and absolutely zero desire to get started. Ah, the Friday of a long weekend. I am already checked out.  :woohoo:
QuoteYeah, right... and 96% of the Internet being dark and mysterious? How about 96% of the internet being Cisco web pages I can never find when I need them...

deanwebb

Go ahead and get started. With any luck, your console cable will have lost its driver and you'll spend the next five hours trying to get it reinstalled properly. A late lunch and then, well, you might as well go home, right?

:joy:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

SimonV

Fifteen hour days yesterday and the day before. Another MPLS migration this evening, hoping it's smooth, and then we are moving our VPN box to another datacenter tomorrow, with about 35 IPsec tunnels and firewall policies to test and support once they're live. I really need some sleep  :boohoo:

deanwebb

At least some comp time should be due for your Monday.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

SimonV

I just got back from vacation on Tuesday :mrgreen: No worries, just a bit grumpy due to lack of sleep. Monday is a bank holiday, so hopefully everything will be working fine by then.

deanwebb

Dammit. I was hoping everyone in Europe had to work on Monday so that, for once, I could have a holiday that the Europeans didn't have. Now I have no motivation to be productive.

Mowery

Customer with a dead phone ruined my day.

I actually started on the stack of gear, but the dead phone threw my groove. Now I'm waiting for a response from the POC to see if they keep any spare 7911s. :whistle:
QuoteYeah, right... and 96% of the Internet being dark and mysterious? How about 96% of the internet being Cisco web pages I can never find when I need them...

icecream-guy

keeping busy makes the time pass quicker, so get busy and the end of they day will come quicker. I spent most of the morning going over Nessus scan data, and here it is lunchtime already.

now lets turn this into the long weekend thread... :partay:

Got 10 pounds of pork loin ready to go into the smoker early tomorrow,  Smoking with apple wood, rubbed with Jalokia pepper rub, and injected with  apple juice. should take about 10-12 hours, and 5 bottles of Bob Gibbson's Championship red sauce, for the BBQ. A nice big cigar and a load of beer to get me through the day. Community pool opens this weekend too, so I will be there come Sunday/Monday
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

I get to do some NAC stuff at 5PM, so I'll have a long lunch to-day. Good news is that it's some NAC stuff I've been wanting to do, and I've got the green light to do it. After that?

We plan to do some cleaning up around the house: time to get all the dang cardboard boxes we keep saving "just in case we have to return it" and, since we didn't return it, get rid of said return containers. Fun for the whole family. The missus is making homemade pizza for supper tonight: yum, yum!

I think I'll also rebalance my 401K investments, as well... or do that before 5PM, in case my lunch wasn't long enough.

Nerm

So far in the month of May I have spent $12k on new kitchen flooring and a new dishwasher. Another $8k on a new A/C system and new water heater (yes all of this shit died in the same freaking month) I think I am going to do something a little less expensive on this long weekend and just lounge around the house with the kids. Little "playing catch" in the back yard and if the weather holds up a camp out in the back yard. Kids love it and doesn't cost me a penny lol.

icecream-guy

Quote from: Nerm on May 22, 2015, 11:53:15 AM
I think I am going to do something a little less expensive on this long weekend

I'd dance naked on the kitchen floor naked, with the AC turned up to high, and then go take a hot bath!!
:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

deanwebb

Ristau got me to change my personal title and I had a good long lunch with my dad. Every Friday I'm in town, I like to eat lunch with my dad. You never go against the family.

Also, between 2-4 PM is Sonic Happy Hour. If I'm working from home, I'm hittin' the Sonic at around that time.

And it's around that time... and all my afternoon meetings are canceled or moved to after the big weekend.

EDIT: Dammit, just got a call at 2PM that is just going and going and going and going and going... finally got off the call... "quick question" usually means 45-minute answer...

Nerm

Quote from: ristau5741 on May 22, 2015, 01:57:02 PM
Quote from: Nerm on May 22, 2015, 11:53:15 AM
I think I am going to do something a little less expensive on this long weekend

I'd dance naked on the kitchen floor naked, with the AC turned up to high, and then go take a hot bath!!
:lol:

deanwebb

Poop. The NAC stuff that I want to do got canceled. I now have to decide if I'm going to be a diva and start a job search or if I'm going to adopt a wait-and-see-I-told-you-so attitude and keep cashing this company's paychecks.

And I would be a true diva if I did that.

Unless this is a sign of bad management yet to come, in which case I'd be a PROPHETIC diva if I did that. :mrgreen:

wintermute000

How's this for no motivation... resigning next week :p

Farewell thankless, ITIL strangled, offshore-moron-infested operations, helloooo 100% projects based consulting!!!!!!!!! (I'd spam y'all on linkedin but don't want to let the cat out of the bag too early lol)