No Motivation Today

Started by Mowery, May 22, 2015, 08:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

hahahaha, short-timer in the house!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

wintermute000

well I did struggle through 18 months in this Operations role so I hope that's not seen as short-timing... esp. as I started getting the 'gotta get out of here' shakes from day three or so lol, it was a miracle I lasted as long as I did.

deanwebb

Quote from: wintermute000 on May 22, 2015, 06:54:05 PM
well I did struggle through 18 months in this Operations role so I hope that's not seen as short-timing... esp. as I started getting the 'gotta get out of here' shakes from day three or so lol, it was a miracle I lasted as long as I did.

In the states, "short-timer" refers to how much time you have left with a firm. You can be there for 20 years, but when you turn in your notice, you're a short-timer at that point.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

wintermute000

ah cool no worries then.

tomorrow is going to be awesome - the resignation day, you only get one every few years or so....

deanwebb

Well, I didn't think I'd spend my holiday all doped up on cold medicine, but I did. And then, last night, took a drive around the neighborhood to see how full the lakes and streams are. Given how the floods in Texas have made at least national headlines, they were really really full.

Also, the grass and leaves are a color green that I normally associate with the well-watered shores of the Pacific Northwest. Vibrant, emerald green.

And we're supposed to get more rain all this week, so I presume that remarking on floods and greenery will be the order of the day for some days to come.

Nerm

Well that was a fun weekend. Spent all my time with the kids as I planned. There is nothing better than getting to spend time with my kids. Had a cookout at my father-in-law's and after just a few beers he decided to break out the moonshine. Rest of the day was kind of a blur lol.

deanwebb

Well, the web server cert that I *thought* was going to be ready this morning because Europe doesn't have yesterday off... isn't. Looks like we're going to get a nasty cert error message when people hit that page later today...