Emergency Directive 21-01

Started by icecream-guy, December 14, 2020, 08:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecream-guy

https://cyber.dhs.gov/ed/21-01/

Mitigate SolarWinds Orion Code Compromise

SolarWinds Orion products (affected versions are 2019.4 through 2020.2.1 HF1) are currently being exploited by malicious actors. This tactic permits an attacker to gain access to network traffic management systems. Disconnecting affected devices, as described below in Required Action 2, is the only known mitigation measure currently available.

CISA has determined that this exploitation of SolarWinds products poses an unacceptable risk to Federal Civilian Executive Branch agencies and requires emergency action. This determination is based on:..........

:professorcat:

My Moral Fibers have been cut.

Otanx

If you work for US Gov today sucks for you. From the ED21-01...

a. Treat all hosts monitored by the SolarWinds Orion monitoring software as compromised by threat actors and assume that further persistence mechanisms have been deployed.

b. Rebuild hosts monitored by the SolarWinds Orion monitoring software using trusted sources.

-Otanx

Dieselboy

QuoteRebuild hosts

... standard procedure if you have any hint no matter how slight, that a host may be compromised in some way.

config t

Heard about it this morning. O&M team's responsibility.

:sitting:
:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.

Nerm

And yesterday was my first day at my new job (a DoD contractor). Yay!

deanwebb

Quote from: Nerm on December 15, 2020, 06:31:13 AM
And yesterday was my first day at my new job (a DoD contractor). Yay!

How was your new hire orientation meeting? Was it a Sev One bridge call? :smug:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Nerm

I was told they would get back to me Tuesday lol.

config t

:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.

deanwebb

Quote from: config t on December 19, 2020, 11:56:54 PM
... and I got dragged into it.

:hankhill:

I *was* going to go with a mocking GIF, but when I saw the pity in Hank Hill's eyes, I decided to go with sympathy.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.