Scamming the scammers

Started by Dieselboy, December 22, 2020, 10:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieselboy

This guy is a global hero. I honestly think this guy should be Knighted. Some of the videos are heartbreaking to watch, with elderly people having lost tens of thousands of dollars with the scammers making $3M USD per year from what he can discover - could be more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5L3em2cZEM

config t

Cold calls and scams are one of the main reasons I don't have a landline when I'm in the US.
:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.

deanwebb

We dropped our landline when we moved in 2019, haven't missed it at all.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Dieselboy

I spoke to my grandma last week and she got an Amazon Echo from my mum for Christmas. She said to me "oh dont worry about the amazon payment it's all sorted". I said what payment? She had a call from a guy with an indian accent and they were asking about the amazon subscriptiion of 79.99 pounds. After she told them that she didnt have a computer they said that they had all the details and everything is taken care of.  :squint: