IP ADDRESS

Started by aloo, January 11, 2021, 09:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aloo

How can I find my IP address and what is it for?
An IP address is an identification number assigned to a computer connected to an Internet network. Concretely, this number is used to identify machines and allow them to communicate with each other, by exchanging data on the Internet.
Know your IP address from your computer
By default, operating systems have several internal tools to find out the IP address of the computer. In Windows, you have to open the command prompt and type the command ipconfig. Under Mac OS, open the Network panel located in System Preferences, and display the active connection. The IP address is presented as a series of numbers separated by periods, for example 192.168.1.30.
Use an online tool to find out your IP address
There are many websites that specialize in displaying the IP address. Among them, we recommend ADMIN EDIT: NO LINKS IN FIRST POST, SORRY
?

deanwebb

Also, as an admin, I can see your IP that you're posting from. Hello to aloo in India.

FUN FACT: In Hindi and Urdu, "aloo" is the word for potato!
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

Dieselboy

Hello aloo! Welcome to the forum coming all the way from India! I hope that you find many useful informations contained within.  :)

If you want to find your public IP then you can use Google and use the search term: "what is my ip address" and Google will tell you that! I hope it helps.

config t

an online tool to find your ip address and download malware
:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.