Configure Terminal

Started by deanwebb, March 16, 2021, 09:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanwebb

Got an SG350 to replace my 3750 because noise and heat.

Finding out the command set on the SG350 is a bit different from what I learned for my CCNA. Could be to do with what I learned was from 8 years ago, could be to do with this being a different model of switch - it's a small business type of switch, after all... but I'm a lot happier in the console than I am with the GUI.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Accounting is architecture, remember that!
Air gaps are high-latency Internet connections.

config t

"?" is your friend  :XD:

I've always been happiest clicky clacking away on a CLI. My mechanical keyboard makes it all the more satisfying.
:matrix:

Please don't mistake my experience for intelligence.

deanwebb

Got it all up and running, no more fan whirring.

I also hooked everything up to my UPS and wouldn't you know, RIGHT AFTER my scheduled outage... Windows wants to reboot my PC for all the really cool stuff it has in store for me!

:rage:
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | "Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

Dieselboy

Is the SG350 a Cisco-bought product line or is it Ciscos creation?

I know how powerful a CLI can be - sometimes just using the imagination can lead to weird and wonderful CLI things. But give me a gui any day of the week - faster and easier and *should* achieve the same if it's done properly :)

Our new UPS arrived last week - all 140KG of it. I had to pull all four battery rails (packs) out of it so I could get the thing indoors. Each pack is 18kg. Chassis must be about 20kg. 20kg is about 44lb according to google.

wintermute000

The SG series are rebranded linksys IIRC.

Son I am disappoint, I assumed you'd just go for the Belkin.....

deanwebb

I got the SG350 because it's on the $VENDOR compatibility list.

My experience thus far is that it's not compatible with $VENDOR... doing some patches to see if that resolves things and then the next step is to start reading KB articles...

config t

Yeesh. Is this your lab switch? What isn't working?

Quote from: Dieselboy on March 16, 2021, 08:53:15 PM
Our new UPS arrived last week - all 140KG of it. I had to pull all four battery rails (packs) out of it so I could get the thing indoors. Each pack is 18kg. Chassis must be about 20kg. 20kg is about 44lb according to google.

My back hurts just reading this. I hope you have minions.

config t

Quote from: wintermute000 on March 17, 2021, 04:40:28 AM

Son I am disappoint, I assumed you'd just go for the Belkin.....

:XD:

:disappoint:

deanwebb

Both SSH and SNMP are not working with the SG350.

And I think I found a bug in doing an upgrade. :(

Dieselboy

Send it back!

What Cisco gear is good quality these days? Just the main line gear like nexus/catalyst and routers?

deanwebb

Quote from: Dieselboy on March 17, 2021, 10:04:31 PM
Send it back!

What Cisco gear is good quality these days? Just the main line gear like nexus/catalyst and routers?

It's a bug in upgrading my $VENDOR VM, not the Cisco. The SG350 is working as designed, a solid little switch that makes no noise or heat. Lovely little thing.